Chapter 19. Checkmate

Shaamon subah tu mera
Tere Bina kya mera
Do jism Jaan ek hai,
Naa hona kabhi tu judaa

Teri meri kahani
Hai baarishon ka paani
Ban ke Jo Ishq barse
Teri meri kahani
💕💕💕💕💕💕

AAYAN POV:

Here I am, lying on the bed thinking about all the incidents that happened today. I am just so worried about her.
The way she got attacked, moreover her family issues, everything is just so stressful.

How does she manage ??
Like isn't she scared??
She was even shot but the way she behaved, like so casually!
And she isn't even homesick!
A whole fucking year and she had not seen her parents?
She is just so strong!!!

I suddenly felt proud. Like the way she consoled me even after herself being shot, I can't stop myself from falling harder and harder for her.

Afterall she is my purple,my sherni.

I badly want to know about her past. But I have decided to give her time. I want her to open up with me when she feels totally safe. I have to build that trust and I will.

I was thinking all this and I don't know when I fell in a deep slumber.

TARA POV:

I was sleeping peacefully when suddenly images of my past started flashing in front of me making my eyebrows twitch in disturbance. I was tossing and changing sides on the soft mushy bed trying to shrug off those disturbing thoughts and sleep peacefully but those stubborn nightmares were not ready to let go.

"Siya dii"

"Siya dii, this blood"

"Dii"

"Siya diiiiiiiiiiii"

I screamed and woke up with a gasp panting for breath. I felt my chest clogged and breath stuck. Words were not coming from my mouth and I felt my throat utterly dry. Due to getting up suddenly from my bed, my wound started paining and I winced in pain.

I needed water, I looked up to my left where Aayan had kept a bottle of water and a glass for me. I poured water in the glass filling it to the top and gulped it in one go. I started taking deep breathes and rubbing my chest to calm myself down. My heartbeat was running insanely, and I could feel that due to my hand just above my heart.

After a few minutes, I calmed down to a great extend. I took my phone from the side table and started listening to Vihaan's poetry recorded in my phone. His calm voice was soothing me and his beautiful words were healing me.

After some time, I kept my phone back and tried to sleep and this time, I succeeded.

It was 8 am in the morning when I heard a continuous knock on my door which interrupted my not so beauty sleep. I got up slowly and lazily from my bed keeping my injury in mind. I opened the door and found Aayan standing in front of the door with his world-famous sunshine smile. He was still in his night clothes and was holding a small black bag in his hand.

I rubbed my eyes lazily and he wished me cheerfully, "Good Morning Tara! I hope you slept comfortably." I yawned and said, "Good morning Mr. Malhotra, Your bed is really soft I must say." After I mercilessly rubbed my eyes, my vision got clearer and I noticed that the bag which he was holding was exactly similar to the one I have. I peered at it again. He followed my gaze and understood the reason for the confusion lingering on my face.

"I got you important daily use items from your house. Niti packed your stuff and gave me." He forwarded the bag towards me which I took dumbfoundedly. This guy is unbelievable, he even got me my stuff! He is hell bent on making me stay. I just smiled slightly and took the bag.