Chapter 30. Dinner with him

Tere jaane ka gham
Aur na aane ka gham
Phir zamaane ka gham
Kya kahe

Raah dekhe nazar
Raat bhar jaag kar
Par teri to khabar
Na mile

Bohot aayi, gayi yaadein
Magar iss baar
Tum hi na
Iraade phir se jaane ke
Nahi Lana,
Tum hi aana
🧿🧿🧿🧿🧿🧿

—⋆。𖦹°⭒˚。Tara POV:

I entered my cabin only to find it decorated with white roses. This is the third such morning when I am greeted with flowers. I went to my desk and saw the letter kept at its usual place. This is the third letter. I settled myself on my chair opening it to read.

"Nothing you wear is more important than your smile. Let my soul smile through my heart and my heart smile through my eyes, that I may scatter rich smiles in sad hearts. Colors are the smiles of nature. Beauty is truth's smile when she beholds her own face in a perfect mirror."

New day, new quote!  The staff knows who is doing all this daily, but no one is ready to open their mouths whenever I ask them. These fools think I don't know anything.

Don't do all this Aayan, just don't. Why are you making it more difficult for me? 

I don't know whether we will end up together in the future or not. Because at this point from where I am standing, I can see only darkness. There is no source of light which can lead me to our togetherness.

I returned home and was making coffee for myself and Niti while she was sitting on the kitchen counter telling me about her day. My concentration was on the boiling milk and my hand which was beating coffee and sugar in the mug when suddenly a loud shattering sound engulfed the whole air.

We both looked towards the source of the sound with heavy breaths, trembling lips and horrified expressions only to find that the window of the kitchen was broken with a big stone wrapped under a paper.

I picked it up and unfolded the paper keeping the stone away. Something was written on the paper, and I started reading it,

"I LOST SOMETHING VERY PRECIOUS BECAUSE OF YOU BOTH AND NOW I WILL MAKE SURE TO SNATCH EVERYTHING FROM YOU TWO. THE SCORES WILL BE SETTLED SO YOU GUYS BETTER START YOUR REVERSE COUNTDOWN. BECAUSE THE DAY I FIND HER, I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN.

10...9...8....7...6...5...4...3...2....1....OR WAIT, I GUESS WE CAN DO A LITTLE COMPROMISE HERE. I CAN SPARE YOU BOTH BUT, EVERYTHING COMES FOR A PRICE.

THE PRICE FOR YOUR LIFE IS AAINA RAJVANSHI. GET HER TO ME AND I WILL SPARE YOU."

NEXT DAY: -

I got ready in the morning in a plain off white chicken Kari suit with dupatta and left for the Bholenath's Mandir. I reached after almost fifteen minutes of driving. I got off my car and removing my slippers at a corner, I stepped inside. I stood in front of the Shiv ji's idol joining my hands and closing my eyes.

I am not usually this religious but whenever I feel very anxious or I am about to do some major bloodshed, I tend to seek his blessings. The god of creation as well as destruction.

I turned to leave when my eyes fell on Aarohi Di when she rang the temple bell. She looked at me and as I was about to greet her, I was interrupted by her.

"You are indeed very beautiful."

"Huh?" I asked in confusion when she said,

"No wonder why my brother is head over heels for you. You are beautiful, young, successful and talented. No wonder anyone will fall for you."