Chapter Fifteen

Noel's POV

We get back from the hospital, and Alpha James and Dennis insist on walking us back to our room. When we get there, I stop in front of the doorway, flashes of what Seth did to me playing through my head like the scene of a movie. The door is open, but I can't step into the room.

"Papa?" Henry asks, "papa, what's wrong?"

I'm frozen. My grip on Henry's hand slacks and I can't speak.

"Love," I hear Alpha James say from behind me. He puts a hand on my shoulder, rubbing it gently. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head and force the words out. "This is where he, where he," I start to say, but I can't get the right words out, "hurt me."

"Oh, baby," Alpha Dennis breaths, stepping next to Alpha James and putting a hand on my lower back, rubbing soothing circles over my shirt. I stare straight ahead, unable to look away, watching as Seth forces himself on me.

"That settles it," Alpha James says before spinning me around so that I'm looking in his eyes. A dark, deep brown. I feel like I'm drowning in them. "You two are coming with us."

"What?" I ask.

"It's clear you don't feel safe here,"' Alpha James says, "so you're going to come to our house with us. We'll keep you safe and we have two bedrooms that you two can use."

Alpha James turns to Alpha Dennis. "Call Trevor and ask if he can help move their stuff."

"No," I say, "no, it's okay, you don't have to."

Alpha James looks me in the eyes again and I'm once again lost in his dark eyes. "Yes we do," he says, "we failed you. Failed to protect you, and you no longer feel safe here, so we're going to take you somewhere where you will hopefully feel safe."

As he speaks I think about what Seth said, how he was going to ruin me so that my mates wouldn't want me any more, but it looks like he was wrong and I start to cry.

"What's wrong, papa?" Henry asks.

I try to calm myself down, but it's no use. As I think about what Seth did, I'm inconsolable. I shake my head and my hair falls into my face, obscuring my tears, but there's no hiding the sniffles that come out from the curtain of hair.

Alpha James takes me into his arms, but I only cry harder. He should hate me.

"It's okay, little one," he says, "let it out."

"Why is my papa crying?" Henry asks and I gasp for air, trying unsuccessfully to calm myself. I don't want my boy to see me like this.

"It's okay, buddy," Alpha Dennis says, "someone hurt him and he's just upset about it."

"Someone hurt you, papa?" Henry asks, "is that why we were at the doctor?"

I just nod across Alpha James' chest as he holds me.

"I'm sorry papa," Henry says before he comes over and hugs my leg. "It'll be okay. The doctor made sure you were all better."

-

When we get to Alpha James and Dennis' house, I'm surprised to see that I've seen this house before on my walks to the training grounds. I didn't know it was their house, it looks like every other house on the block, nothing like I would expect the two alphas of the pack to have.

It's a two-story white house with a wooden porch and a ramp leading up to the front door. There are a few rose bushes on the ground around the porch and I can smell them from here. I wonder which one of the alphas tend to them.