Chapter 27

What did just happened?

I take a look at the bag laying in front of me and then at the red car that's slowly fading away.

Is this the end?

'Manong? Manong what happened? Where's Ate Mika?' Dani came out the gate. She looks at where I was looking, pero huli na, nawala na si Mika.

'Manong ano to?' She bends in front of me and checks the bag.

'Manong?' I look at her, and Dani, I know she's hurting, everyone in the family is hurting. Ewan ko ba, kami ang nagbreak, pero parang feeling naman masyado tong family ko.

'Dan, bring the bag to my room. I'll return that to her.' I said and enter the house.

I kept on texting her, them, her friends. Trying to have a talk, trying to give back the things that are hers. I gave it, it's all hers na. Kahit na sabihing break na kami, sa kanya na rin yun. Sa kanya!

Night came, and still no news from her.

Then midnight came, as I'm busy scanning her Instagram account, nakita ko na lang ang self ko na may tumutulo ng mga luha.

She's really giving up on me?

Backfire?

Masakit. Ganito pala ang feeling na siya na mismo ang gumive up noh? Na she's starting to let go.

I was sobbing. Crying. Ang sakit.

Sobrang sakit.

'Manong tama na yan.' Mama came in the room and hugged me.

'Wala na Ma...' I said as I keep on looking at my phone.

'Alam mo Manong, kung kayo talaga, kayo talaga. Darating din yan Manong, sabi mo nga tiwala lang.' Mama said trying to comfort.

Sana nga Ma, sana nga talaga.

Destiny na nga siguro ang magdedecide para sa amin.

~~~

'Mama, you know what, when Yaya and I brought Blue to poopoo, a little boy went to me and ask me to marry him. And he even gave me a ring, look...' I look at my Mimi's cute hands, and there's a cute ring, made from a tie wire and it fits Mimi's little finger.

At this, I was amazed as to how happy my daughter is, knowing these little kiddos have an idea na about marriage.

I know Kiefer was shocked, ikaw ba naman malaman na engaged na anak niya.

'Who's this boy Kierra Mikaela?' He asked, jokingly angry.

'That boy is the apo of Manang Myrna, yung lady na nagtitinda dun sa may constraction.'

'And why did you accept his proposal?' Kiefer pulled her up and seat her in his lap. My baby's so cute, really really happy playing with her ring.

'I don't know. Eh kasi he's so kulit, and he said he'll never be friends with me na if di ko iaaccept his proposal.' My little angel pouted.

Hala, lomalovelife anak namin.

That moment when the father and daughter talked about the proposal, that brought me what if that happened to me? What if Kiefer ask my hand na, how will Papa react? I look at the oldies. They're enjoying the view. May sari sariling mga ganap.

Tho we're seated at the front of the boat, with Dani and his friend Dave and some of my Lady Spikers. Sa lakas ba naman ng boses ni Mimi, abay rinig na rinig talaga nila.

'When's the kasal Mimi?' Dave asked giggling. Tho I know joke lang yun, but the father...

'Anong kasal kasal? Tigil tigilan niyo yan kung gusto niyo pa na may date date pa.' Kiefer said and throw dagger look at Dani and Dave.

'Papa...' Mimi said as she holds her father's cheeks and pinches it.

'You know what, I'm engaged but we know we're still super young and sabi ko na he should surpass my Papa's achievements first.' Mimi said as he then hugs her Papa.

And that caught some 'Awwwsss' from the people in front.

'And he said he'll be back for me when we're big and ready na, and that he'll buy me a real ring.' Kinikilig pa ang anak namin. Naku naku.

'Aynaku, buti pa si Mimi engaged na, how about your parents Mimi, when will they be getting married?' Aduke asked.

Now all the attention's on Kiefer and me...

'I know when...' Kierra giggled.

'When Mimi?' I asked, with that plastic laugh. When? Well I can't answer that, Kiefer should.

'You should ask Papa, Mama.' Mimi said and laugh at Kiefer, na pinandilatan naman ni Kiefer. Imma pick those eyeballs talaga.

'Oo nga Ate Ye, tanungin mo kaya si Manong?'

And these people wouldn't stop. Ang kukulit.

'Bakit ba kasi ako ang magtatanong?' I said and open my phone, checking Twitter and Instagram.

And they wouldn't stop. Yung isa tawa tawa lang din. Sige tawa ka lang, maya ka sa akin.

'Tama na nga yan guys, galit na baby ko.' Kiefer said and tries to pinch my nose.

'Isa Ravena.' Ayan, surname basis na.

'Papa kasi, ayan tuloy, Mama's mad.' My Kierra, pag ito talaga magsalita.

'Mama, sige na nga, if Papa would ask your hand in marriage, would you say your yes yes yes?' Mimi said and smiles brightly at Kiefer, then to me, then looks at the people surrounding us, oh they're waiting.

'Depends...' I said silently.

'Depends?' He asked.

'Depends kung magtatanong ka na talaga.' I replied then turn my phone's camera on.

'Oh dali dali guys, let's take a pic, I'll post it in IG.' I said na lang, para mawala yung tension kanina. Hanubeh, wag kayong nampepressure. Ayokong pilit.

Ayokong napipilitan lang si Manong na pakasalan ako kasi pinipilit ng mga tao. Ang gusto ko siya mismo, decision niya talagang pakasalan ako. And kung hindi pa siya ready, I'm more than willing to wait.

Sa kanyang sa kanya lang naman kasi ako. Walang iba.

I then giggle at my thoughts.

And then Mimi sat on my lap, and reach for my left ear. And whispers.

'Mama, if Papa ask you today, please say Yes!' And she winks at me.

Only the two of us knows. I then nodded. Smile. And nodded happily again.

'I love you baby.' I said and kissed her chubby cheeks, kinukulit us.

'Ouie ano yun? Sali ako...' Kiefer said pouting. Napingot ko tuloy the nguso. Kapal the leps, sarap ikiss.

Okay lande...

Pero yeah, why are these topics coming out?

Assumera pa naman ako. 

Pero talaga, why do I have this feeling na somethings gonna happen big today? It is what it is ba? Ay ewan! 

Kaloka pa naman my mind...

Wag lang talaga ma hopia! Naku naku naku!

Whatever will happen, let it be. 

Charos!

~~~~~~~

Hello from Mimi!

Shortest update I think... Hehehe