Chapter 53

Today is a wonderful day, the sun illuminates brightly on my bedroom.

As I'm about to stand up, a beautiful pair of legs covers my lower torso. I smiled at the beautiful woman beside me, kissed her forehead lightly careful not to wake her up.

It seems that everyday is a blessing, having her and Kierra by my side, I can't ask for more.

As I stare lovingly at Mika's face, certain things flashed back, how we met, how we clicked, how I mustered enough courage to court her, how I surpassed all the trials, bashing, and hate towards outsiders who don't have a say on our relationship. It was tough, it was very very tough. Sometimes I wish we lived at Mars, for I know in there we will be at peace and at ease.

It was never easy to be Kiefer and Mika.

Sometimes I wish we're different people enjoying life and love.

But as the saying goes, never good comes easy.

We live life, fate enjoyed us.

We fell, we stumbled, we made mistakes. Err human nature.

But here we are, here she is, with me.

I caressed Mika's hair, thinking the many what if's. I hugged her tight, because of all the what if's that's clouding and eating me up, one thing is certain, the universe conspired and brought us to where we are supposed to be.

And that's now.

'Papa... why the stare?' Nagising ko pala. I kissed her lightly as she's hugging me tight.

'Wala... just thinking about things.' She kissed my bare chest and I felt her smile.

'Don't think too much... unless it's me.' I cupped her face, her eyes still close.

'That's why pala I'm thinking too much. I love you Ma!' She's nibbling my chin.

'I love you more Papa namin. Ready for today?' I made her face me.

'Of course, I'm excited na nga eh, party with the family later.' She's tracing her fingers on my chest while I'm sniffing her hair.

'Ikaw kasi masyado kang madaya, you don't want stag party para wag na din ako mag bridal shower.' She motioned to sit up and I kissed her back.

'Babe naman may anak na tayo, wag na.' And continued to kiss her nape and neck.

'Fine... so tara let's prepare na, we'll have a long day ahead pa.' She stood up first.

I'm watching her from my bed as she's doing her morning rituals.

Of all the things that's been said and done. Mika will always be my right choice. She'd given me a glimpse of what is heaven on earth.

~~~

The caterer just arrived and will start decorating the garden area.

The family has organized a mini reunion for the Crisologos and Ravenas, since Mika and Kiefer doesn't want any stag or bridal party...

Two weeks more.

But maybe their friends have already ironed it, and surprise, and they can't say no anymore, or it's just me.

Haiest.

I just can't believe my first born will be getting married already. First moment I just gave birth to him, then the next thing he's already building his own family. How time just went by that fast.