11

Part 3/4 Lorens pov. Some of us must have been expecting this, and I'm included

So, let's get it

Dinner with Reya was amazing. The food at Tico's was delicious as usual. The man knows how to use a stove. I can taste different flavours whenever I dine at his restaurant.

The feeling of having someone I care about dining with me made the feeling extra special.

We chatted for so long that I didn’t realise time passed quickly. Sigh, time is never enough whenever I’m with Reya. I drive back home, replaying the events of the dinner in my head.

I let out a small smile as I remember Reya’s shocked yet warm expression when she took a bite of her food. I tried to pay attention to all her expressions. There wasn’t much as she mostly kept a calm face.

When I first saw her, I thought she was expressionless but today proved otherwise to me. I saw her shy, happy and shocked. 

She looked so cute when she thought I would eat her up when our gazes locked in the car. She had blushed so hard she resembled a rose.

I laugh at the thought as I arrive at the familiar streets of my home. I park my car in the driveway and get out. Locking the doors, I walk up to the door and unlock it.

“I’m home” I call out, dropping my keys in the bowl and walking in. “over here, lover boy.” My dad calls out.

I roll my eye and walk to the living room. “Good evening dad, mom, Lira sup” I greet them, and my dad smirks when he sees me.

They are watching a Netflix series. Lira sat by herself on the floor, and my mum and dad were on the long couch blankets covering their laps and mugs in their hands. Lira paused their film and looked at me.

“How was your date?” She asks, getting up. “Fine, thanks for asking. I had fun and dinner was nice”. I watch her walk into the kitchen, filling up a glass with water she walks back, taking a sip.

She hums in reply, and I shrug off my shirt. “Is that all? Give us the full details” My dad stares at eyes seeking full information.

“Well, I don’t want to get too tired telling the story over and over for the next three days, so I would like to take my time, thank you.”

Lira hands me her glass of water, I look up at her with a disgusted gaze.

“I’m not your personal trash bin.” I say, dropping the still somewhat filled glass on the side stool.

“Heh, you wish. Drink up. You need to be hydrated for dads’ questions. God knows he has been looking at the clock since he got home”.

“Can’t help it, my son went on a date for the first time in a year, of course I’m gonna be curious.”

“Mark” my mum hits my dad’s chest playfully. “You had fun. That’s all that matters. I suppose you are not hungry, so go take a bath and join us.” I nod and get up. My dad whines “Just let him feed me the details.”

“Well, you can wait, can’t you?”Mumm asks him as he looks at me. His eyes give me a different message. I nod, leaving the room and climbing upstairs to shower.

I enter my room and shut the door. I lay down on my bed with a sigh. Things have changed, I am no longer the stalker from afar but a friend that is near. I breathe in, and I still smell the warmth of her perfume around me, her smile like the sun. I smile and get up.

It's time to take a shower.

I head downstairs an hour later and go to the living room. My dad is passed out on the couch, and Mum and Lira are still awake.