Chapter 28 ~ Commence

* Amelia's POV *

I dragged my feet and took one last look back. The family hadn't moved, they were waiting for justice and for their efforts to be satisfied completely. They weren't going to get that. They had Macy and Eli and that was enough. They can go back to being a family.

I glanced at Max and I didn't know if it was that I was feeling dizzy or that I could actually see him shaking. I turned my head back, promising myself that I had made the right decision. I needed to detach myself from them, I will never try to see them again.

The rain started to pour slowly and a blinding light hit a tree not too far away from us, it was followed by a cackle of thunder.

"No." I heard. I stopped walking, telling myself that I will not turn backwards. "NO," he repeated. "Aro you started something we never wanted to be involved in and you will not get away with it. We will go home with Amelia on our side."

Aro turned around and there was a smirk playing on his lips. He wanted me to join him but he wanted war more. He had a bloodlust that was beyond all of us and it had been building up for years. It was a blessing that he was letting the family going unscathed today and I wanted to keep it that way.

"This will end now and you know how," Max declared. The family looked ready except Macy and Eli who looked at their father confused. Max stood protectively, he wanted to keep his family safe and the look on his face said that he was willing to do anything.

I still hadn't turned around to look at him, I was relying on my power to feel everyone's actions and thus their emotions. I closed my eyes and followed Narissa, Nolan, Selestia and Ash. They turned around and smirked. I stood there pleading with Max.

He doesn't need to do this. He doesn't need me in his life. If anything I'm probably just going to make things worse.

But he meant this. He wasn't going to back out. Inwardly, I smiled. He was fighting for me, despite his previous feelings of hatred. I knew he didn't love me but he was doing this for his children. Our children.

I pushed all the sappy thoughts out of my head and concentrated on Aro. He wanted to say something. "Are you sure you want to do this? Your family will not survive."

"The fight will not end until your head is ripped off and your body is in flames. Mark my words."

"How ambitious you are," Aro mused. "You will regret this." Aro charged towards the family, in response the children trudged towards the trees on Max's demand and Jasper, Emmett and Carlisle leaped.

Nolan, Narissa and Selestia raced forward behind Aro and the rest of the family sprung into action. Ash stood silently beside me. He watched as Jacob stripped and became a wolf, that alone made the trio hesitate. They probably never knew that shape-shifters existed.

Ash was ordered to join the fight and I was too but I didn't listen. I had joined the Volturi but I still had my free will. I had the power to stop everything and I wanted to but I agreed with Max everything had to end.

The Volturi were extremely skilled you could see that even Jasper was struggled. It was because the family seriously outnumbered the Volturi that no one was killed yet.

Selestia used her power to haunt her victim so that she would have the upper hand but someone else would get in the way and attack her from behind. She would continue to haunt the next person and then the next but her power would exhaust her she has stop and start again. In that pausing moment someone would grab her neck and strive to yank it off but Nolan would get in the way.