06

Break Up"Can we talk?"

Break Up
"Can we talk?"

"YOU LOOK RIDICULOUS! The teacher is going to make you take them off

"YOU LOOK RIDICULOUS! The teacher is going to make you take them off. Why didn't you put a spoon against your eyes?" Emi teased, relishing in making fun of [Name]'s appearance. A subtle frown formed on [Name]'s face in response to the playful mockery.

"I tried but I woke up late and it barely did anything. Maybe if I tell him Im having migraines he'll let me keep them on," [Name] strategized, hoping to find a way to maintain her makeshift eye treatment.

"Right," Emi nodded slowly. Emi's lighthearted banter served as a deliberate distraction, a way to lighten the mood and shift [Name]'s focus away from the tension from the previous night's argument.

As the teacher entered the classroom, [Name] seized the moment, standing up and approaching him discreetly before the class officially commenced.

"Sir, can I keep these on? Just for today?" [Name] swiftly inquired, aiming to avoid drawing attention from fellow students. The teacher pondered the request for a moment, then shook his head in denial.

"Look," [Name] delicately removed the sunglasses from her face, revealing her eyes. An audible gasp escaped the teacher's lips, capturing the attention of the entire class. "Keep them on," The teacher instructed and then cleared his throat.

"Thank you sir," [Name] expressed gratitude with a polite smile, then returned to her seat beside Emi. "I did not think he was going to let you," Emi remarked.

"What can I say, I have my ways," [Name] replied nonchalantly, giving a slight shrug

"To be honest, it kind of feels like someone went ahead and punched you.." Emi pointed out, her observation laced with concern, before redirecting her focus to the teacher. [Name] silently nodded in acknowledgment, following suit and paying attention to the ongoing lesson.

"Finally, I can't wait to eat," [Name] exclaimed with a genuine smile as she retrieved her lunch bag.

"Same! I actually brought it this time," Emi chuckled, sharing in the excitement as she unpacked her own lunch.