11

Testing the Water"I thought you'd look cute,"

Testing the Water
"I thought you'd look cute,"

[NAME] ARRIVED EARLIER THAN USUAL, her mind consumed with thoughts of what to say to Emi

[NAME] ARRIVED EARLIER THAN USUAL, her mind consumed with thoughts of what to say to Emi. Unable to sleep, she decided to make good use of her early arrival by going out to buy something for both herself and Emi.

Returning to the classroom, [Name] found Emi already seated, waiting for her return. As she approached, Emi patted the seat beside her, signaling for [Name] to sit down.

Despite having no real reason to be nervous, [Name] couldn't shake off her jitters.

"Hey, Emi," [Name] greeted with a smile as she took her seat.

"What did you do over the weekend? I can tell you want to tell me something," Emi observed, resting her head on her hand with curiosity in her eyes.

"Well.. I might have texted someone back.." [Name] confessed, a nervous chuckle escaping her lips.

"Uh huh.. Mind telling me who it was?" Emi inquired, her interest piqued.

"Oh just.. you know," [Name] replied, avoiding eye contact with Emi.

"I knew it. You would've told me if I hadn't said anything. It was Suna wasn't it?" Emi guessed, whispering his name so no one but [Name] would hear.

"How'd you know?" [Name] asked, surprised by Emi's intuition.

"How wouldn't I know? You only followed him back, and you suck at lying to me," Emi chuckled.

"Oh.. I guess I made it too obvious," [Name] admitted sheepishly.

"You're such a good liar to literally everyone else, be a better liar when it comes to me too. I want a challenge,"

"I can't lie to you," [Name] confessed, smiling at her friend.

"It's okay, I understand that i'm so important to you that you can't lie to me," Emi shrugged with a smug smile on her face.

"So.. When are you showing me the messages?" Emi asked eagerly, leaning in with anticipation.