10

Buddies"She wouldn't reject me, i'm quite a catch,"

Buddies
"She wouldn't reject me, i'm quite a catch,"

THE WEEKEND SLIPPED AWAY almost as quickly as it had arrived, leaving [Name] longing to stay cocooned at home rather than face the impending Monday at school

Knowing that Emi would be there somehow provided a faint glimmer of motivation amidst [Name]'s reluctance to return to school. It was still sunday, so she didn't know why she was even thinking about school.

Perhaps because she couldn't shake the looming specter of encountering Aiko. The idea of facing Aiko filled [Name] with a sense of dread. She silently hoped he would simply ignore her existence altogether.

Then there was also Suna. [Name] didn't care too much about seeing him. But she hadn't mentioned to Emi that they had been in constant communication over the weekend.

Guilt gnawed at [Name]'s conscience for keeping this from her best friend. What if Emi felt betrayed?

The fear of disappointing Emi prevented [Name] from divulging the truth, afraid of any potential fallout from withholding such information.

Deciding it best to confess everything to Emi on Monday, [Name] found herself ruminating on these thoughts when a notification lit up her phone screen—Suna had texted her.

_____________________________________

  rinsunaaa

17:24

rinsunaaa
hey [last name] 😛

hey suna 😵

rinsunaaa
wspp

i feel like i haven't heard from you in a year

it's been like 5 hours max 💀

rinsunaaa
damn im sorry

ig you can't want to hear frm someone 😒

stop itt