Chapter 21-30

Chapter 21

  Thinking of the stupid things that Yuan Shu Linman did that were not humane to outsiders, Meng Xin was a little surprised. Why was this stupid vase not the same as before? It had been a long time since he came out and got slapped in the face?

  But now she was thinking about how to deal with Wen Yue. She only glanced at him disdainfully, and her mind was disturbed by what just happened.

  Meng Xin followed Wen Yue to the back mountain tea forest. She thought she would find something useful, but she didn't expect Wen Yue to secretly start a small stove for Song Tinglan!

  During this time, she racked her brains to impress the educated youth, and set up a trap to deliberately provoke conflicts between Song Tinglan and Wen Yue. She tried her best to make Song Tinglan feel a little disgusted with Wen Yue, but Wen Yue didn't expect that This woman had a sleight of hand. She changed her face from the bitter and jealous shrew in the past. She was gentle and gentle to Song Tinglan, and would give her food and drinks every few days.

  Today, Meng Xin bumped into her. She followed behind and saw clearly. Wen Yue was carrying a green bamboo basket and took out a bowl of peanut stewed pig's trotters. It looked like it was made with care, and the pig's trotters were trembling. , oily and sugar-colored, the soup milky white and thick, the smell is so fragrant that Meng Xin, who was hiding behind the old willow tree, couldn't help but salivate when he smelled it.

  Not to mention Song Tinglan, who can eat cornbread all day long. The educated youth who go to the countryside come to the village. Hexi Village does not care about food. The brigade gives them work points every day. The educated youth receive money from the brigade on a monthly basis plus their parents. The subsidies given to educated youths are the source of living expenses for educated youths in the countryside.

  Song Tinglan had a falling out with her family and had a quarrel with Wen Yue. Meng Xin took advantage of the situation. When she first came to Hexi Village, she was carrying a suitcase in her hands and wearing fashionable stiletto-heeled leather shoes. Bao Xiaobao brought a lot of good things, and some of the more educated youths took advantage of it and flattered her and Song Tinglan every day.

  For a time, Meng Xin was the most popular among educated youths, and Wen Yue, who was suppressed by her, was unhappy. Hearing that she was having trouble with her brain, she ran back to Old Wen's house to fight with her second sister-in-law. She pinned her down and beat her. Make jokes to the villagers.

  The brigade captain's wife seized the opportunity and beat the second sister-in-law Wen. The second sister-in-law Wen simply claimed to be sick and lay on the kang, refusing to work in the fields. The mother-in-law and daughter-in-law started fighting the next day, making the family uneasy every day.

  I thought I would have the last laugh, but unexpectedly, things started to change. Meng Xin spent most of the money she brought from the capital, and she didn't have much money left. Like Song Tinglan, she was born as a young lady. When I had some extra money, I went to the county to spend money like water. I either went to a restaurant to have a tooth ceremony, or I went to the supply and marketing cooperative to buy rare and fashionable snacks. I had to eat well, drink well, and wear good clothes, so my small purse was naturally empty.

  Besides, these days we are all about hardship and simplicity. A few days ago, the commune held a special meeting to highlight the problem of extravagance and waste among some educated youths. After the meeting, all the educated youths in each brigade were self-conscious, kept their tail between their legs, and ate the worst black noodle soup. The steamed buns cost five cents per kilogram of farm-made soybean paste, and there was not even a plate of green vegetables, so they were eaten dry with boiled water.