1.6 - Your assist character is online!

[Side character Pei Yang, favorability: 70, murderous intent value: 0. 】The system prompted.

[The coolness of side characters cannot be exchanged for currency, please be informed! 】

A series of notification sounds sounded in Jiang Yi's mind, and then, Pei Yang's information poured into his mind.

The Gu family and the Pei family were family friends. He and Pei Yang had known each other since childhood and had always been in contact with each other. It was not until they were in college that they went to different countries to study in different fields, and the exchanges gradually became less frequent.

Pei Yang is slightly older than Gu Qingyan. Gu Qingyan has always regarded Pei Yang as his brother and friend, but Pei Yang has long had a good impression of Gu Qingyan as more than a friend, but it has always been hindered by the relationship between the Gu and Pei families. , has never been revealed.

Pei Yang was obviously very happy to see Jiang Yi, "Qingyan, it's really you, I thought I saw it wrong." Seeing Jiang Yi's slightly surprised expression, Pei Yang smiled again and said, "Why are you looking at me like that? Am I terrible?"

Jiang Yi thought to himself: You are not terrible, but you are very delicious.

His face remained calm, revealing a warm smile like Gu Qingyan's, "Pei Yang."

Jiang Yi's smiling eyes were as clear as ever, as if the relationship between the two had not become estranged because of the long distance between them over the past few years, which made Pei Yang Yang looked at it and his heart moved, as if a beam of sunlight shone into his limbs.

[Ding, Pei Yang's favorability is +5; current favorability: 75, killing intent value: 0. 】

Pei Yang asked: "Qingyan, your face doesn't look good. Are you feeling uncomfortable somewhere in your body?" Although Jiang Yi tried his best to hide his discomfort, he still noticed something strange about Jiang Yi.

Jiang Yi's eyes dodge unnaturally for a moment. He was indeed feeling very uncomfortable at this moment, but he absolutely couldn't let Pei Yang know the reason. He shook his head and said as normal as possible: "I'm fine."

Pei Yang Yang knew that "Gu Qingyan" had a temperament that didn't want to show weakness in front of others, and he had been like this since he was a child. This was probably related to his childhood experience, and he didn't want to expose it.

Gu Qingyan has had a special status since he was a child. As the son of Gu Wei, he will inevitably be coveted by some people with bad intentions. Although Gu Qingyan is Gu Wei's heart and has been strictly protected since he was a child, this layer of protection inevitably has some omissions.

When Gu Qingyan was 12 years old, he was abducted by a competitor of the Gu family. The other party wanted to blackmail the Gu family into making concessions on a real estate project bidding case. Although he failed in the end, Gu Qingyan was really affected. suffered a lot.

When Gu Qingyan was rescued, he was locked in a very small black box that could only accommodate him bending down on his side. His consciousness had fallen into a coma. The other party didn't know where he learned that Gu Qingyan had claustrophobia, so he unexpectedly He came up with the idea of ​​using this trick to torture Gu Qingyan and force Gu Wei to compromise as soon as possible.

Gu Qingyan was abducted for nearly 48 hours and kept in a black box that was closed on all sides and completely light-tight. This was very cruel for a person with claustrophobia. When he was rescued, Gu Qingyan's forearm was covered with rows of bloody tooth marks, which he had bitten before he fell into coma. Although the wounds were not very deep, they looked extremely tragic.

Gu Wei was so angry that he lost his composure. He personally killed those who attacked Gu Qingyan, and also attacked their family members, including the women and children. Not harmful.

People thought that if Gu Qingyan encountered this kind of experience at such a young age, it would probably have an indelible impact on the young man's mental development. Even if he did not have a mental breakdown, it would leave a huge psychological shadow. Unexpectedly, Gu Qingyan I proposed to receive psychological treatment, and also chose the most direct and cruel exposure behavior modification therapy, which suddenly cured my claustrophobia.

Pei Yang had seen Gu Qingyan's state during that period. Every time he came back from the psychiatrist, he looked as if he had been seriously ill. His expression was weak, but his eyes were always firm. He walked through the whole process with amazing perseverance. Treatment course.

People always think that Gu Qingyan is the proud son of heaven, he has a rich family, he is talented, young and promising, and he is simply blessed by God from head to toe, but Pei Yang knows very well that being born as the son of the Gu family does not mean that he is the proud son of God. It's not something to be admired. For Gu Qingyan, it's more like a curse. He always seems to be walking on a tightrope. He cannot have any weaknesses or be used as a bargaining chip to threaten the Gu family.

Pei Yang knew that Gu Qingyan always had a burden in his heart. Deep in his heart, Gu Qingyan felt that the descendants of the Gu family would always have to pay for the injustice Gu Wei had accumulated in his life. Gu Qingyan did not want to have blood on his hands, but he was forced to be involved in the underworld from the moment he was born. This is probably the greatest misfortune for a person with a pure and kind heart.

Pei Yang always felt a little distressed when he saw Gu Qingyan like this. He wanted to tell him that he didn't have to be brave in front of him, so he did so.

He walked to Jiang Yi's side, held Jiang Yi's arms, and looked like he was hugging the person from behind, and said, "Let me help you go to the lounge to sit for a while."

Jiang Yi nodded.

After the two came to the lounge, Pei Yang helped Jiang Yi sit down, and thoughtfully took a glass of warm water for Jiang Yi, saying: "You have lost weight."

Jiang Yi lowered his eyes. He could not eat well during this period. , couldn't sleep well, and had to endure the physical and mental torture of Lu Feng from time to time. It would be strange not to lose weight, but this reason was really hard to explain.

Pei Yang sat down next to Jiang Yi and looked at Jiang Yi Junxiu's thin profile, "Qingyan, are you in any trouble? If you need help, you don't have to see me. Uncle Gu is gone, and you still have me. , you know, I will always be on your side."

What Pei Yang said was quite meaningful. Although he had just returned to China not long ago, after all, the Gu and Pei families had a close relationship, and he was no stranger to what happened in the Gu family. .

After Gu Wei's death, the Gu family was very unstable. Gu Wei's eldest son Gu Hong's foundation was unstable. Gu Qingyan seemed to have disappeared, disappearing from people's sight. Some people even said that he had been killed by his enemies. Pei Yang But I know things must not be that simple.

He has been looking for Gu Qingyan's whereabouts since he returned to China. He was surprised and happy to meet Gu Qingyan on this occasion today.

"I..." Jiang Yi had mixed feelings at this moment. He understood the implication of Pei Yang's words and didn't know where to start. He looked at Pei Yang with gratitude and said, "Thank you, Pei Yang. ."

Pei Yang rubbed Jiang Yi's hair, like a big brother, with a sunny smile. He could see that Jiang Yi seemed to have something to hide, and didn't want to embarrass the other party, "You have suffered during this period, Uncle Gu. My condolences."

Jiang Yi felt Pei Yang's kindness and was a little moved in his heart.

He encountered great changes, and he didn't seem to be broken on the surface, but that didn't mean he wasn't suffering inside. Pei Yang's few words were like providing help in times of need, making him extremely warm.

He had not heard any news about the Gu family for so long after he was taken away by Lu Feng. Pei Yang mentioned Gu Wei to the order