32. The game

Third Person POV :

Yeonjun dragged Seokjin to mix the drinks and Jungkook decided to join them. He couldn't risk anything when his precious little prince was gonna drink for the first time. He needed to make sure the drinks were safe.

"Hyung, can I ask you something?" Yeonjun asked Seokjin to which the older hummed in response, his hands working with drinks. "What happened to... Taehyung hyung? I mean, it's ok if it can't be discussed."

Seokjin thought for a moment before replying, "Just... think of him as someone who homeschooled without much interaction with the real world."

Yeonjun nodded, letting his brain take in the little information. He was about to say something but turned around when they heard someone clearing their throat.

Jungkook walked in before grabbing a bottle on the counter. "Yeonjun." He called the younger who gulped at the seriousness in that voice.

"Y-yes, hyung"

"I can see you are the most enthusiastic one here. But please go easy on him. You can think of it as a request, or command or warning or whatever. Please…don't make him do anything that he is not okay with." Jungkook's voice kept changing between a soft one and an intimidating one.

"O-oh… I'll keep it in mind. Don't worry."

Meanwhile in the living room, Soobin was discussing something regarding his boyfriend's health with the doctor.

So the two were left alone and Namjoon was having it hard because Taehyung was digging holes in his face with continuous staring. The poor boy didn't even know how to keep it subtle. After a few moments of awkwardness, Namjoon finally looked at the younger, passing him a small smile to which the adorable boy gave him a bright smile.

That smile stirred something in the silver-haired male's heart that he almost set aside his resolution of years. He barely held back himself from taking the younger in his arms.

He felt nervous and his hands were wet with sweat when Taehyung walked to him and sat beside him. He again smiled at the younger awkwardly but surprised when the boy poked his dimple with a finger and giggled. He looked at the other with his cold eyes but they instantly melted into soft ones when his eyes met with the sparkling eyes filled with so much innocence.

He closed his eyes trying his best best to resist his heart from melting in that cuteness and affection. He had to. He shouldn't be kind to Taehyung.

"Uh-oh" He snapped back from his thoughts with Yeonjun's voice. And next to him was a surprised Seokjin and glaring Jungkook, clenching his jaw. If looks could kill someone, tomorrow's news headline will be ‘One of the legendary reporters of the country was killed brutally in the hands of or most likely by the glare of a handsome young heir of one of the country's richest families.’

He got up from his seat pretending to be making an important call out of nowhere. Jungkook yet again occupied the seat which previously was Namjoon's.

"What happened? Did he say something?" He asked and sighed in relief when Taehyung shook his head.

They were finally settled in the backyard which was separated by a wall from Jungkook's lawn. Jungkook was about to take off his jacket for Taehyung as it was still cold outside. But he was shocked when a hand holding a sweater was extended towards him. Not because of the thing in the hand but because of the owner of it.

Namjoon just smiled at him, "Yeonjun catches cold easily. I brought one for Taehyung as well." He said, showing the said male who already enveloped himself in a sweater. Jungkook just mumbled a 'thanks' before giving it to Taehyung.