Episode 9 - Hadrian's Little Secrets

~CRYSTAL P.O.V

"Yeah! That's math!" the pink Gladiator hissed.

Jesse and I held up our swords, ready to defend ourselves. I ran over to attack the pink-haired Gladiator, Chuck, while Jesse went after Slab. I slashed her backwards. "You're gonna pay for that one, Pinky!" I told her.

With a glare, she swung her axe at me but I managed to lean back just in time. I jumped toward her and kicked her back, landing on the ground after a flip. When going for another attack, Slab jumped in and knocked me back.

Chuck went to deal with Jesse while I blocked another attacked Slab, but he managed to get a good jab in, causing my sword to break.

I looked over and saw that Jesse's sword had broken as well. "Oh, biskets," I deadpanned.

"Here comes the boom!" Facemeat shouted, throwing a TNT down at us.

The Gladiators ran off in different directions while Jesse and I dived forward. Once it exploded behind us, we got up and looked back, spotting the two far away.

"Come on, now's our chance," I said as we spotted Em heading through the exit to the arena, with Nell running past us to follow her.

"Okay, yeah. Maybe we can still win this thing," Jesse agreed, the two of us running after them.

We caught up to the two green teammates and spotted them climbing up a vine wall. Em looked down and glared at us. "Dude! I'm like so close! I could do this," Nell told herself.

Jesse and I got to the edge of the platform between the gap of lava and the vine wall. "Sorry Nell, we're winning this thing!" Jesse shouted before we jumped over the gap, grabbing onto the vines.

Once our grip was secure, we started climbing up the vines and soon caught up to Nell and Em, who stopped for us. "Hey-y, whoa Jesse! Crystal! Way to catch, dudes! Very nice!: Nell complimented us.

Em scoffed at her in disbelief. "You just can't take a hint, can you? Get dunked on, slacker!"

"Huh? Whoa! Hang on-!"

Nell was cut off when Em pushed her off the vines, sending her toward the lava below. "Whoa! Nooooooooo!" Nell cried.

I quickly used one of my hands to grab her, stopping her from falling any further.

"Oh, come on!"

Looking up, the three of us spotted Em glaring at us, using a pickaxe to break a block that sent a strong fall of water to head toward us. "No, no, no, no-!" I cried as the water hit us, causing us to lose our grip on the vines.

Luckily, Jesse managed to grab a vine and fling us into a small cave in the wall. The two of us took a few deep breaths. Nell got up and started shaking us. "Dudes!! That was SO Tim! Righteous!" she cheered.

We turned around, looking down to see the lava turning into obsidian thanks to the water.  "How are we going to get out of here?!" Jesse exclaimed.

"The water, dudes! We can ride that wave right back up to the top - follow me!" Nell said, starting to swim up the waterfall.

Once she got high enough, Jesse and I followed her up, climbing up the vines when we got high enough. Soon, we made it to the top and the three of us stopped to catch our breaths.

"Whoa. Man. Intense enough for ya? Thanks for saving me," Nell thanked us.

"Don't mention it..." I told her before Jesse and I ran past her, heading up the stairs, to which Nell followed behind us. After a few moments, we were outside again, walking toward Hadrian, Racheal, and Em, who was standing by a stage.