CHAPTER 10

ORION'S POV:

"Why did you call this emergency meeting I thought we were clear on the terms and conditions for further funding Mr Adamson" They speak in a collective murmur.

"Have you heard the one about the scorpion and the frog" I asked retorically of course "A scorpion wants to cross the river so, he asks the frog for assistance no matter the price. The frog scared that the scorpion may sting him after his task was completed, refused. The scorpion reasures him and  eventually the frog agrees and carries the scorpion on his back but half way across the strong current scars the the scorpion and he ends up stining the frog..." I stand up strolling passed the seated middle aged men "...the frog asked 'why did you do that? Now we're both gonna die' the scorpion replied 'I couldn't help it it's.in.my.nature"

"And the morall to your new found enlightenment would be Mr Adamson?"

"That what we are programed to do we will always do when presented with uncontrollably situations this is mankind's nature" I smirk at them

they will get it soon enough.

"Infront of you we have our new budget and something special for you gentlemen as well I would advice you not to share" datum takes over.

I watch their board, irritated  expression turn to absolutely terror and...fear.

"So...aproved" they look at each other for confirmation like wild dogs backed into a coner

"I will not me blackmail by the likes of you" Mr Jones states lacking the confidence to back is words. He slams his hands on the table and was almost out the door

"What else do you think I would be able to dig up if I go just a little further Mr Jones. If your reputation means nothing to you think about your daughter how would she react to find out that the man she worships is...?, well you know the rest"

"Your a sick fuck leave my daughter out of this"
"Sign our agreement and go back to being the pretensions father for your little girl"

He looked at the other members with distain but still signs the documents removed what belong to him from the folder he turns to leave again "Oh one more thing Mr Jones can you give these to your little girl, she left it in the back of my SUV" I hold up a pink Victorian's secret lace panties which earns me a weak punch to my jaw but before I could retaliate and shit went side ways Datum stops me by stopping him.

"I WILL KILL YOU MY SELF IF YOU TOUCHED HER, PIECE OF SHIT!!" He with draws from datums blocking figure and storm out of the conference room. Knocking over my antique vases. I sit back down clenching my stiff jaw.

Ok maybe the punch was not that weak. They all sign the documents after Removing their indiscretions from the folder. All vengeful looks in their eyes but I couldn't care less. I got what they came for.

"I hope you burn in hell Mr Adamson"
"Don't worry about me I have been bribing god lately, you should be taking better care of your wife remember god sees all" I say dryly to Mr Palm while forcefully shaking his hand.

He is the last to walk out

"Great work hey....can you give me 'Charlie's' number? I want him to dig in to my landlord the fuck keeps hiking up our rent" Datum asks

"Fuck no buy a house I fucking pay you enough" I walk out heading to my office. Victoria is behind her desk buffing her nails I slitly shake my head at her arrogants.

"Hey weirdo you need to sign here and-..."
"Can you stop with the name calling I'm still your boss, The reason you still have employment"I cut her of "I thought you liked it, isn't it our thing" she proudly states I sign the receipt and head to my office I try opening the door but it only opens up enough for me to slide in. There is a big book behind the door