Quarry

Everyone but Beverly and Lydia had arrived to the Quarry. The boys were playing loogie. It was very disgusting. Lydia was riding her bike, she was still upset about the fact her brother is missing she thinks he's probably been kidnapped or murdered like the other kids in this town. She rode to the quarry till she go to a tall hill to get to the top of the quarry. She sighed and jumped off her bike and decided to wheel it up. Obviously Lydia dropped her bike and fell backwards. She sighed. Beverly arrived when she saw Lydia fall. She chuckled and walked over to Lydia.

"Hey Lydia, you okay?" She asked trying to hold her laughter.

"Yeah. I'm a bit stuck...." She said as her bike was on top of her.

"Oh, let me help you." Beverly said as she chuckled.

Beverly griped her bike handles and pulled it up and Lydia got up.

"Thanks." Lydia said.

She looked at Beverly and the two burst out laughing.

"I'm sorry for laughing but that was hilarious!"Beverly said as her laughing died down.

"It's fine!" Lydia laughed.

After laughing Lydia and Beverly wheeler their bikes up the hill. They made it to the top. They saw the boys in their whitey tidies.

"Who's going first?" One of the boys asked.

"We'll go!" Beverly shouted as she took her dress off.

Lydia took her shorts off followed by her t-shirt she then took Beverly's hand and ran with her to the edge. The boys moved over and the two girls ran.

"Sissies!" Beverly and Lydia said as they jumped off the cliff.

"What the fuck!?" Richie shouted as they jumped.

The two girls landed in the water.

"Ah holy shit we just got shown up by two girls!" Richie shouted.

"Do we have to do that now?" Stanley asked looking down.

"Yes." Eddie replied.

Ben waved at Beverly before Eddie gave him a slight hit at his stomach for another way to say stop.

The boys jumped in.

Everyone splashed each other with water.

"Chicken fight!" Richie shouted.

Richie went on Ben's shoulder, Beverly went on Bill's, Eddie was gonna go on Stanley and then he stopped.

"Hey Stanley why do you go with Lydia?" Eddie asked.

"What? Oh um....why?" Stanley asked trying not to get flustered.

"Come on man I know you like her!" Eddie whisper-yelled.

Stanley nodded and went to Lydia.

"Hey Lydia, I was wondering if you wanted to be my partner for the chicken fight..?" He asked liking away from her.

Lydia blushed. She looked at him and smiled.

"Yeah." She said softly.

He grinned. He went underwater as she climbed on his shoulders. He held her legs to keep her balancing on him.

The chicken fight began. Richie pushed Beverly off Bill. It was up to Lydia and Richie. Lydia tried pushing Richie off but he pushes her back she had fallen back. She fell into the water. She swam up quickly. Richie had won the chicken fight.

A while later of swimming Richie felt something.

Everyone was going underwater to try see what it is. Bill checked. He swam up after checking.

"It's a turtle." He spoke out.

-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/-/

Beverly was sun bathing on her towel while the song "bust a move" played on the radio.

Lydia sat on a rock next to the boys. She looked at Beverly as the others looked at her.

Beverly turned her head to look at the boys catching them look at her as they quickly looked away expect for Lydia who just gave her a quick smile before looking at the ground.

She had zoned out until Beverly spoke saying
'I wanna see.' Lydia looked over at everyone who was looking at the stuff Ben had in his bag like a history project. Lydia noticed Bill blushing when Beverly looked over his shoulder to see what Ben was researching. She smiled and looked away from them.

Bill noticed Beverly's hair.

"Your h-h-hair...." He stuttered trying to speak but then Ben interrupted him.

"Your hair is beautiful Beverly." Ben said while smiling at her.

"Thanks." She smiled while tucking a bit of her hair behind her ear.

Lydia saw Bill give Ben a little glare before looking back at the pictures of Derry back in the 50's/60's.

She looked at Stanley and kept looking at him.

"I've got a lot more at my house if you wanna see." Ben said. Lydia snapped out of admiring Stanley. She saw Eddie shake his head. She looked confused but then the losers started to get up and get their things. Lydia started to get up and follow them.

789 words

A/n: sorry for late updates I've had no motivation to do anything but lately I've been posting my edits on tiktok (😭😭) y'all don't need to know that 😭😭💀 anyways I've gotten much more ideas and now I'll be posting often (hopefully 😍) anyways chapter nine might be out soon like in a few hours or days because I've got an idea for Lydia's fear becoming I don't think I've mentioned it and I wanna know if you all have any ideas for her phobias like: arachnophobia, claustrophobia, emetophobia, nyctophobia, ophidiophobia, hemophobia, etc. thanks for reading. An have a great day/afternoon/evening/night.

-Mia ☎️ 🎈