𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟏

In time, I calm down. I lie down on my bed and scroll through TikTok. A few hours later, I hear a knock on my door.

"Can I come in, sweetheart?" I recognize my dad's voice.

"Come in." I say, he opens the door slowly. "Your mother told me you went to visit Rafe with your friend a while ago." He says, sitting down the bed.

"Yeah, I just really wanted to see him." I tell him, sitting up. "I understand. How is he?" My dad asks, putting his hand on my foot lightly.

I wish I could tell him but I don't even know myself.

"The doctor said the surgery was good and they were able to stop the bleeding but that he's going to be unconscious for a few days." I say, looking down at my fingers.

"At least he's still alive, I'm sure he'll wake up soon." He says, rubbing my back. ——————————————————————————
"I'm just worried about him." I say, quietly.

"I know, he's your boyfriend. You care about him." He says. I nod.

I rest my head on his shoulder and he rests his head on mine. I sigh, tiredly.

I lift my head up, "thanks dad, I just want to be alone." I tell him. "Sure, sweetheart." He says, kissing the top of my head.

He leaves my room and closes the door.

I know my friends and family have my back, they always have.

I change into a cozy outfit and head to my bathroom. I do my skincare routine and head downstairs.

I head to the kitchen and grab a Hershey's cookies and cream chocolate bar from the cabinet. ——————————————————————————
My favourite chocolate bar, it's exactly what I need right now.

I head to the living room and turn on the tv, I watch Netflix for hours.

My mom walks into the living room, frowning. "Honey, how long have you been watching tv?" She asks, pausing it.

I groan, looking at her with irritation. "I don't know and I honestly don't care." I respond, giving her attitude.

"You can't just lie there all day, you have to at least try to do something." She says, sitting down on the couch.

"Why? I don't have anything else to do. My boyfriend's in the hospital and I can't do anything about it and I'm worried he's not going to wake up." I say, slouching down. ——————————————————————————
My mom brushes her fingers through my hair, feeling compassion for my situation.

"I know it sucks right now honey, but I know he wouldn't want you to be wasting away." She advocates.

She's right, Rafe would want better for me.

I put my bowl of chips down on the table and put my hands on my knees. "I guess you're right, I could make more of an effort." I say, agree with her.

"That's my little girl." She says, holding my chin affectionately. I start to sniffle, my face showing the sad expression.

"Oh honey.." she hums sadly, giving me a hug. "It will get better soon." She promises, rubbing my back. ——————————————————————————
I hug her tightly, taking deep breath's.

All I want to do is cry and watch tv, but I have to be realistic.

I pull away from her arms, she hands me a box of tissues. I wipe my tears away, inhaling shakily.