𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟏

After we decide that she needs to talk to John B, I recommend that she should contact him so he knows what to expect.

He might not want to talk if we just show up out of nowhere.

"I can't do it, I'm too nervous." Sarah admits, rubbing her arm.

"Are you sure you want to talk to him?" Kiara asks, playing with her hair. "Yeah, I think it's been enough time." Sarah replies, looking at me.

"I can do it then, Sar." I smile, softly.

"Do you think he's going to be mad that I wasn't the one to text him?" Sarah questions, frowning worriedly.

"No! No! Absolutely not." Kiara quickly responds, trying to reassure her even if she doesn't believe herself.

She nods quietly and looks down at her fingers.——————————————————————————
I think it would make matter's worse if we were to say what we really thought.

I grab my phone out of my pocket and start to text John B. Kiara keeps her arm around Sarah to make sure she's okay.

MESSAGES:

John B?

John B: Hey, Maddie. What's up?

I've been thinking about everything and i think you and Sarah should talk about what happened.

John B: I'm not sure if that's the best idea.

I do. Sarah has been very upset and she needs to talk to you, urgently.

John B: She's been ignoring me ever since the beach sleepover.

You're completely oblivious.

John B: It was just a joke.

You'd be surprised how far a joke can go, John B.

John B: I'm sorry.

It's not me you should be apologizing to.
——————————————————————————
I'm not necessarily mad at him, I should be on behalf of Sarah.

I slip my phone back in my pocket and then take a deep breath before getting back to the two girls waiting in suspense.

"He's at the chateau. I told him that what he said was wrong and he's aware that we're coming over." I let them know, getting up from Sarah's bed.

"Good, let's head out." Kiara says, standing up and giving Sarah a hand.

We leave the house and try to take Sarah's mind off the situation for the time being until we arrive.

We take my car and drive to the chateau.

"How's Rafe, Mads?" Kiara asks, poking her head through the back seat.

"He's fine. Also, I might have told him about your crush on Jj.." I say, feeling a little guilty. ——————————————————————————
I know he won't tell anyone. Otherwise, I wouldn't have told him at all.

"WHAT?!" She yells, her eyes widening.

"He won't tell anyone, I swear!" I promise her, glancing at her quickly while driving.

"I'll kill you if he tells anyone!" She jokes, putting her trust in me.

Sarah lets out a small laugh at Kiara's reaction. "He won't. My brother may be a dick but he wouldn't tell a friend's secret for the life of him." Sarah says, truthfully.