𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔𝟎

I decide to text Kiara to see if she wants to talk, instead of me just assuming she does.

MESSAGES:

Kiara, I know you're upset about Jj. I can come over if you want to talk, I just want you to know I'm here for you.

Kie?

I get that you're ignoring everyone and I don't blame you, please let me know that you're okay.

I'm really worried about you, I don't want you to do anything that you'll regret later.

She isn't answering my texts, has she already done something? Is she planning on doing something? Will she hurt Jj or herself? I need to see her.

I head to my bathroom and quickly undress and get in my shower, I quickly rinse off any access sand from the beach.——————————————————————————
I wrap a towel around myself and step out of the bathroom as wet footprints trail behind me.

I change into a quick pair of light blue jean shorts and a black crop top but change my shirt after I realize that black attracts the sun.

I put on a claw clip and grab my bag quickly before heading downstairs and putting on my sneakers.

"Heading out?" Cora asks, walking over to the front door. "Yeah, I have some stuff to take care of." I say, not going too much into detail.

I grab my car keys and head out the door, my worry increasing as the bad possibilities wrap around my mind.

I feel like I should talk to Sarah first, the other part of me thinks seeing Kiara first is better.

I drive to the Carrera's, knocking on their front door.——————————————————————————
I hear some shuffling coming from inside the house until the lock clicks and the door swings open. "Madison? What brings you here?" Ms Carrera asks.

"Hey, Ms's Carrera. I'm here to see Kiara, is she home?" I ask, worriedly.

"She's in her room, she hasn't talked to us since she came back from the beach sleepover. Did something happen?" Her mother asks, crossing her arms and leaning against the door frame.

I feel the need to avoid the question. "Can I just see her? It's really important." I ask, dodging her question.

She doesn't seem to mind the fact that I ignored her questions and motions me to come in.

I feel bad for avoiding the question but Kiara is my priority right now.

I give her a polite smile before taking off my shoes and head to Kiara's room, I hesitate to knock on the door.——————————————————————————
I take a few minutes to collect myself before finally raising my fist to the door and knocking lightly.

"Kiara? It's Maddie." I call from the other side of the door.

I only get silence as a response until finally a voice is heard. "Come in." I slowly open the door and then close it.

I see Kiara sitting on her bed, drawing in her sketchbook.

"Hey.." I say, awkwardly.

"Hey." She responds, emotionless. I see how upset she clearly is and I can't help but wonder if something else is going on.

I wish I knew how to make all her problems go away without knowing them. Unfortunately, life doesn't work like that.——————————————————————————
"I know you're upset about Jj." I bring up, making her glance at me for a second before turning her sight back to her sketch book.