𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟓

Rafe comforts me while I weep, digging my head into his chest.

He rubs my back, softly. The others feel a deep sadness when they see me cry and stay silent.

"We.. we're going to go back to the chateau.." Kiara says, smiling at Rafe. He nods, quietly. They all pat my back quickly before Sarah leaves with them.

I know everyone is upset.

"Hey, honey. Your father and I are going to an anniversary celebration of our friend." My mom tells me, grabbing her car keys

"Okay!" I smile, hiding my tears.

We wave to them as they close the door and lock it. I turn to Rafe, my tears still falling even after I had stopped crying.

He puts his hand on my cheek and swipes my undereyes to wipe away my tears. ——————————————————————————
I calm down eventually and we head upstairs to my room.

I hear my phone vibrate and I check it.

TEXT MESSAGE FROM TOPPER

Topper: Yo, I'm throwing a sleepover at the beach. You in?

Sure, sounds like fun!

Topper: Great, I'll invite the cut.

Wait, what time?

Topper: 6:00 pm.

I turn off my phone and set it back down on my bed.

"Top's throwing a beach sleepover tomorrow night, I'm going to check it out." I tell Rafe.

I just realized that Topper never got to say hi to my grandmother, his grandfather and her are quite good friends.

"Alright, I'll come with." He responds.——————————————————————————
I smile at him and give him another hug. "Can we just cuddle for a little bit?" I ask, looking up at him with glassy eyes.

"Sure, baby." He wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to him while he lies down, I rest my head on his chest and close my eyes.

"Do you miss her?" I ask, circling my fingers around his stomach.

"I do, she's a very nice woman." Rafe says, stroking my hair.

I nod, sighing deeply.

"All my family members love you." I say, scoffing with laughter mixed up in it. "Really? I hadn't noticed.." Rafe responds, cocky.

He knows they all love him, I wonder if they would still love him if they knew how he treats me at night...——————————————————————————
"I wonder if their feelings would change if they knew you were pounding into me every night.." I joke, waiting for his response.

I sit up and look at Rafe, whose cheeks are now a bright shade of red. "Uhh.." he stutters. "Awh, don't be embarrassed. I think it's cute how innocent they think you are." I laugh.

"It's not my fault if her granddaughter is a smoke show." Rafe responds, tucking my hair behind my ear.

I fight the urge to blush but I lose the battle quickly as my face turns red in a matter of seconds.

"Don't be embarrassed, baby. You know you like it when I'm rough with you.." Rafe whispers in my ear.

I giggle and look at him once he pulls away from my ear. "Well, I can't lie to you." I say, smiling. "I know." He grins, putting his hand on my cheek.