𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓𝟐

We arrive at my house and park my car in the garage.

This is going to be very interesting.

We head upstairs and I open the door for him. Rafe looks at me in a strange way, he grab the door handle and closes the door.

"What are you doing?" I ask, wondering what the purpose of that was.

"No, I have to open the door for you." He explains, opening the door again and letting me in first. I smile, "What a gentlemen.." I say, flustered by his action.

He shuts the door behind me and sits down on my bed, I grab the wrapped gift from my bed and hand it to him.

"I think you'll like this." I smile, looking at him. She smiles and opens the gift, seeing my old diary.——————————————————————————
"What's this, baby?" He asks, flipping through it.

It must be a surprise to see this, it was so long ago.

"My sixth grade diary, it's all about you." I explain, looking at it with him.

"Read the first entry!" I say, pointing to it. He smiles and reads it out loud, "Dear diary, I saw Rafe again today. He was wearing his favourite shirt and looked super cute. I can't wait to marry him." He finishes.

He looks at me, "You liked me in sixth grade?" He asks, frowning with confusion.

I nod, "I was totally in love with you." I laugh, showing him the pages with pictures of him. "We look so young.." he says, pointing at the picture.

He looks up at me, grinning. "This is amazing, baby." He says, wrapping his arms around me. "Thank you." He kisses my head before pulling away.——————————————————————————
I knew he would like it.

I smile, he hands me his gift. I unwrap it carefully and see what appears to be a photo album, I look at him before opening it.

I see the album filled with pictures of me when I was younger.

"Rafe.." I say, flipping through it with pictures of me and him. I see us in third grade, fourth grade, fifth grade. The pictures sometimes only have me or both of us.

I smile, "You did all of this for me..?" I ask, feeling a sadness but a happiness at the same time.

"I made it when I was in fifth grade, I kept all the pictures of us and some with just you and put them inside so I could look at how beautiful you were.." Rafe says, keeping his arms around me.

I can't believe he kept all the pictures of me..——————————————————————————
I look up at him, making a sweet pout. "..and you still are." He finishes, looking back down at me. I smile, feeling a lump form in my throat.

I start to cry, "This is the sweetest thing I've ever seen.." I say through tears, looking back downstairs t the photos.

"Take a look at the last page." I flip to the last page and see pieces of paper with "I love her" written multiple times with a date under them.

I see the dates, which shows that he wrote them when he was in fifth grade.

I notice the dates have a pattern, I read the first one and continue on. "March 1st, march 2nd, march 3rd.." I realize the it's just one day after the other.

He did all of this in fifth grade..? For me?

"I wrote the same sentence every day." He explains, as I check the second page, seeing the month after.——————————————————————————
I look up at him, closing the book and pressing it to my heart, a tear falls down my cheek. "I'm going to keep it forever." I say, smiling.