𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟗

I wake up the next morning, sitting up in bed. I look through the window, it's a beautiful day.

We could go swimming today.

I get out of bed and change into a beige crop top and a light blue Jean skirt. I put on a pair of cute beach sandals and necklace with white pearls.

I walk over to Rafe's side of the bed, gently shaking him awake. "Rafey.." I whisper, loudly.

He opens his eyes and stretches, sitting up "Morning, baby.." he mumbles, drowsily.

I love his tired voice. I don't know why but the first time we had a sleepover after we started dating, I just got attached to it.

"Morning, babe." I say, kissing him on the lips.

He gets up and heads to the bathroom, "I'm gonna take a quick shower." He says, closing the bathroom door.——————————————————————————
After he gets out of the shower, I curl my hair, leaving it down.

We leave the room and see the others making their way downstairs.

"Morning!" I call out, walking downstairs. "Morning, guys!" John B says.

"I'm starving, I know this brunch place we can go too." I tell them, grabbing my tote bag.

"Should we walk or take the car?" Rafe asks, locking the front door. "Let's walk, it's nice outside today." Sarah says, shading her eyes to look at the sun.

It's sunny out and the brunch place is close so there's no point in driving.

"Are you kidding, it's so hot outside.." Jj complains, dragging his feet. "Don't overreact, it's not that bad." John B says, annoyed.——————————————————————————
"I'm not overreacting, I feel like I'm going to fucking melt." Jj responds, fanning his shirt.

I agree, it's a pretty hot. Hopefully there isn't a massive heatwave.

"Come on, I'm sure you won't feel the heat once we start walking." Kiara says, pulling his arm to follow us.

"That's not how it works.." he mutters, dragging himself to follow us.

After walking for a long time, we finally arrive at the town. We walk for a while when we see caution tape and construction workers barricading the area.

"I'm not feeling any better, you guys.." Jj says, groaning as he continues walking.

"We're almost there, we can cool off inside." I say, also dying of heat.——————————————————————————
We are all very very tired, the heat wears you out pretty quickly.

"Shit, the roads closed off.." Sarah says, wiping the sweat off her forehead. "We have to go another way."

The only other way is very long, I don't know how long we'll last in this state.

"The only other way is kind of long." I tell them, tying my hair up to reduce some heat.

"I don't know if we can make it in this heat.." Kiara says, tying her hair in a messy bun.

"We can try." Sarah says, sighing before starting to walk the other way.

"Come on, you guys.." she calls out, putting her sunglasses back on. We all let out a groan, following her slowly.

"I have no fucking idea how she does it." Rafe says, running his hands through his hair.——————————————————————————
"You know Sarah, she's always been an optimist. I'm pretty sure it's the reason why we're mostly still here.." I say, reminding them of her personality.