Their Compassionate Hearts

As the battle raged on between the Pandavas and the Kauravas, Arjun and Subhadra found themselves in a quiet moment amidst the chaos. They sat together on a rock, watching the smoke rise from the battlefield in the distance.

Subhadra looked up at Arjun, her eyes filled with concern. "Arjun, my heart aches for the widows and orphans left behind by this war. So much loss and suffering..."

Arjun nodded solemnly, his gaze fixed on the horizon. "I know, Subhadra. It is a heavy burden to bear, knowing that our actions on the battlefield have consequences for so many innocent lives."

Subhadra reached out and took Arjun's hand in hers. "What can we do, Arjun? How can we ease the pain and suffering of those who have been left behind?"

Arjun turned to look at her, his eyes filled with determination. "We may not be able to undo the damage that has been done, but we can certainly do our part to help those in need. We can provide shelter, food, and comfort to the widows and orphans of this war."

As the days passed and the cries and wails of the widows and orphans grew louder, Arjun found himself unable to find ease in his heart. He spent sleepless nights haunted by the images of the suffering he has had witnessed on the battlefield.

Subhadra found Arjun sitting alone by the river, his head in his hands. She sat down beside him and gently placed a hand on his shoulder. "Arjun, my love, you carry a heavy burden in your heart. But you must remember that we cannot undo the past. All we can do is try to make a better future for those who have been left behind."

Arjun looked up at Subhadra, his eyes filled with tears. "I know, Subhadra. But it is hard to see so much pain and suffering and feel helpless to do anything about it."

Subhadra leaned in closer to Arjun, her voice soft and soothing. "You are not alone, Arjun. We can work together to make a difference, to bring hope and healing to those who have lost so much. We can build shelters, provide food and clothing, and offer comfort and support to those in need."

The Pandava forces suffered greatly on the first day of the battle. Yudhishthir lost his eldest son Yaudheya from Devika,was surrounded by pain and anguish.

Duryodhana's joy was unbounded,his brothers announced "our victory is now certain".

Yudhishthir came to Krishna and was busy in anxious consultations.

"Ajatshatru," said Krishna to
Yudhishthira, "do not fear. God has
blessed you with valiant brothers. Why should you entertain any doubts? There is Satyaki and there are Virata, Drupada and Dhrishtadyumna, besides myself. What reason is there for you to be dejected?"

Thus,Krishna instilled courage in Yudhishthira.

Far away in Kauravas camp, Duryodhan was planning to send Angraj Karn on the war front.

"As long as I am alive,you can't send Karn on the battlefield, Duryodhan" said Pitamah Bhishm sternly.

"Don't forget you are just a soilder here..and I am Crown Prince.My friend will go ahead" mocked Duryodhan in pride.

Right then Shakuni entered in an attempt to calm Duryodhan.

"Calm down my nephew,let Pitamah lead tomorrow morning and today let's celebrate our victory"said Shakuni smirking evily.

"Today my own brother Yuyutsu went to support Pandavas..how can I celebrate?" asked Dushashan while  drinking wine.

Wine here is Somras, extracted from barks of grapes.

"Forget it Dushanshan, I will say him tomorrow morning. Before that I would slay Pitamah's favourite Arjun"replied Duryodhana almost tipsy after few rounds.

To be Continued..

P.s Please give a shoutout if you are enjoying..Also, I may delay the updates for now till June.