Final Words of Pitamah Bhishm

As Bhishma Pitamah lay on his bed of arrows, his body weakened by the battle and nearing its end, he called for Yudhishthira to come to his side. With a voice filled with wisdom and love, Bhishma imparted his final advice to the eldest Pandava before he was to be crowned as the King of Hastinapur.

"My dear Yudhishthira, as you prepare to take on the responsibilities of ruling over Hastinapur, remember that a true king must embody the virtues of righteousness, compassion, and integrity. Lead with wisdom and fairness, always keeping the well-being of your subjects at the forefront of your decisions," Bhishma began, his words carrying the weight of his years of experience and knowledge.

"Never forget the importance of dharma, the righteous path that guides all actions. Uphold justice and truth, even in the face of adversity. Treat all with kindness and respect, regardless of their background or status. A true king is one who serves his people with humility and grace," Bhishma continued, his voice steady and unwavering.

"Remember that power comes with great responsibility. Use your authority wisely and for the greater good. Lead by example,

Bhishma then turned his gaze towards Arjuna, the mighty warrior and skilled archer. With a knowing look in his eyes, he began to speak to him, imparting his final words of wisdom before his time came to an end.

"Arjuna, you are a warrior without equal, a true hero on the battlefield. But remember, true strength lies not just in physical prowess, but also in moral courage and inner resolve. As you continue to protect and defend your brothers and the kingdom, always remember to uphold the values of righteousness and honor," Bhishma said, his voice filled with admiration for the great warrior before him.

"Never let your ego or pride cloud your judgment. Stay true to your path as a warrior, always fighting for justice and standing up against injustice. Use your skills and abilities for the greater good, and never waver in your commitment to truth and righteousness," Bhishma continued, his words resonating with Arjuna's sense of duty and honor.

"Remember that true victory is not just in winning battles, but in overcoming the inner battles of the mind and soul. Strive for self-mastery and spiritual growth, seeking wisdom and enlightenment along your journey. Embrace your role as a grandfather to Parikshit "

Bhishma then turned his attention to Bheem, Nakul, and Sahadev, the other three Pandava brothers who stood by Arjuna's side. With a gentle smile, he spoke to them with a voice filled with warmth and wisdom.

"Bheem, you are the embodiment of strength and power, a warrior whose might is unmatched. But remember, true strength is not just in physical prowess, but also in compassion and humility. Use your strength to protect the weak and uphold justice, always keeping in mind the greater good," Bhishma said, his eyes reflecting the respect he held for the mighty warrior.

"Nakul and Sahadev, you both possess grace and skill in equal measure, with a keen sense of duty and loyalty. As warriors, remember that true valor lies not just in bravery on the battlefield, but also in integrity and honor. Stay true to your principles and always fight for what is right, standing by your brothers and your kingdom with unwavering loyalty," Bhishma continued, his words touching the hearts of the two brothers.

"Remember, my dear brothers, that you are bound by blood and duty, united in your quest for justice and righteousness. Together, you are a warrior a class apart ".

"Arjuna, my beloved son," Bhishma said, turning his gaze towards the great warrior who stood before him. "It is now time for me to depart from this world and join our ancestors in the afterlife. I ask of you, my dear Arjuna, to perform my funeral rites with the utmost devotion and reverence."

"May you light my funeral pyre and send me off with honor and respect, honoring the traditions and customs of our lineage. It is a sacred duty that only you, as my dearest and most worthy successor, can fulfill," Bhishma continued, his voice filled with love and pride for Arjuna.

Arjuna, with tears in his eyes but determination in his heart, bowed before Bhishma and vowed to carry out his wishes with unwavering devotion. He promised to fulfill his duty as a son and a warrior, ensuring that Bhishma's final journey would be one of dignity and honor.

And so, as the sun began to set on the battlefield of Kurukshetra, Arjuna prepared to fulfill his solemn duty and bid farewell to the great and noble soul that was Bhishma, the grand patriarch of the Kuru dynasty.