Meeting With Death From Blood

Arjun and Subhadra had finally arrived in Manipur after a long and arduous journey. They were greeted warmly by Chitrangada, Arjun's first wife, who was overjoyed to see her beloved husband once again.

However, their joy was short-lived as news of a tragic event reached them. Babhruvahan, Arjun's son from Chitrangada, had unknowingly slain his own father in a battle. Chitrangada was left in a state of shock, unable to comprehend the news.

As Arjun's lifeless body lay before them, Subhadra could not hold back her tears. "How could this happen? This is a tragedy beyond words," she sobbed.

Chitrangada was overcome with grief, unable to speak. She looked at Arjun's beheaded body in disbelief, unable to process the reality of the situation. "My son... my own son has taken the life of his father," she whispered, her voice filled with agony.

In the golden age of heroes, when the echoes of war reverberated across the lands of ancient India, there lived a young prince named Babhruvahan, skilled in the art of warfare and blessed with the valor of his ancestors. He was the son of Chitrangada, the princess of Manipur, and the mighty Arjuna of the Pandavas, conceived during a brief but passionate encounter between them.

As fate would have it, Babhruvahan grew up in the kingdom of Manipur under the guidance of his mother, unaware of his illustrious lineage. Tales of the great warrior Arjuna were known far and wide, but none knew of his hidden son dwelling in the eastern realms.

One day, news arrived in Manipur of a grand tournament to be held in a distant kingdom. Babhruvahan, eager to prove his mettle, set forth with his warriors, his heart filled with the anticipation of glory. Little did he know that the tournament was organized by none other than Yudhishthira, the eldest Pandava, in honor of his father Arjuna.

Amidst the throngs of competitors, Babhruvahan's skill with the bow and his courage on the battlefield quickly caught the attention of the assembled princes and warriors. His prowess was such that he reached the final rounds of the tournament, where only the best remained.

In the final bout, destiny weaved its intricate threads as Babhruvahan found himself facing a formidable opponent, none other than Arjuna himself. Clad in armor that gleamed like the sun, the elder warrior stood tall, his presence commanding respect and awe. Babhruvahan, unaware of his father's identity, met the challenge head-on, his determination matching the prowess of the renowned Arjuna.

Their battle was fierce and graceful, a dance of arrows and swift movements that spoke of years of training and discipline. As the duel intensified, Arjuna recognized in Babhruvahan a familiar spirit, a fire akin to his own. Yet, the truth of their relationship remained hidden, veiled by the sands of time and the twists of fate.

In a pivotal moment, Babhruvahan, with a swift and precise strike, felled Arjuna, his arrow finding its mark and bringing the great warrior to his knees. The assembled crowd gasped in disbelief and awe at the unexpected turn of events. Babhruvahan, his heart pounding with triumph, approached the fallen warrior with respect, offering his hand in a gesture of camaraderie.

Arjuna, looking up at the young prince before him, saw traces of his own features mirrored in the face of Babhruvahan. Recognition dawned slowly, the truth revealing itself in the midst of victory and defeat. With a mixture of pride and realization, Arjuna spoke softly, "Who are you, young warrior, whose skill rivals my own?"

Babhruvahan, moved by the words of his defeated adversary, replied with humility, "I am Babhruvahan, prince of Manipur, son of Chitrangada."

Arjuna's eyes widened as he heard the name and saw the face of the son he never knew he had. Emotions surged within him — pride in his son's prowess, regret for the years lost, and a profound sense of connection that transcended words.

As the sun set over the tournament grounds, a new chapter began for Babhruvahan and Arjuna, a chapter written in the ink of reconciliation and love, against the backdrop of the Mahabharata, where even amidst the turmoil of war, the bonds of family endure unbroken.

After conquering many lands, the horse of the Pandavas reached Manipur where it was stopped by its ruler, a young man called Babruvahana, who turned out to be Arjuna’s son by Chitrangada, princess of Manipur.

Babruvahana welcomed his father, who he had never met before, and
would have let the horse pass through the city when Arjuna said, ‘This is
unbecoming of a warrior’s son. Challenge me. Fight me. Don’t give in so easily.’

In deference to his father’s wishes, Babruvahana raised his bow
and to everyone’s surprise turned out to be more than a match for his
father. He very ably destroyed the arrows released by his father and it took a lot of effort on Arjuna’s part to destroy the arrows released by his young son.

Then, after hours of fighting, the unthinkable happened—an arrow that left Babruvahana’s bow ripped through Arjuna’s heart killing him instantly.

Chitrangada let out a cry and Babruvahana was shattered for he never intended to harm his father. He hugged the lifeless body of Arjuna and began to wail.

Suddenly, there appeared on the scene a Naga woman. Her name was
Ulupi. She was the mother of Iravan, sacrificed on the ninth night of the
war. ‘You have done nothing wrong, Babruvahana,’ said Ulupi, ‘Your
father brought this upon himself. You were but an instrument of destiny.
Your father killed his granduncle, Bhishma, who was like a father to him. For that shameful act, Bhishma’s mother, the river-goddess, Ganga, cursed him to be slayed by his own blood".

What could this new threat be? Will Arjun and Babhruvahan be able to resolve their differences? The answer to these questions remained unknown, leaving everyone on edge as they waited for the next chapter of this tragic tale to unfold.