We Will Rise

It had been at least a day since Ilian burned the Ark. A day since Jaycee went back in to save Nova.

Nova wasn't like anyone else, she was special to Jaycee, maybe because she was something that Jay couldn't have in the future, maybe because she owes it to Lincoln and Lily since they died, and they can no longer protect her. Maybe because Nova reminded Jaycee of how she was when she was a kid.

Who knows, all Jay knew, was that she was going to love and care for this kid until she died. If they couldn't find a donor, it would probably be soon.

Jaycee woke up within 3 hours of sleeping, she saw Nova next to her, waiting for her to wake up, once Jay did, Nova's face lit up.

Jay smiled, "How you feeling kid?"

Nova looked at her, "I should be asking you that,"

"I'm fine, I may need some more rest, but I am all good," She smiled at the girl.

"Bellamy came in a while ago, he's worried about you," Nova said to her.

She nodded her head and sighed.

"Jay, I'm serious, he really feels bad about what he did," She looked at the older woman.

"I know he does, and I plan on forgiving him, soon," she said as she looked at the girl.

There was a knock on the door, both girls looked at the door and saw Clarke walk in.

"Hey, how you feeling?" The blonde asked.

"Good, feel like brand new since I slept," Jaycee lied.

"Okay, that's good," Clarke nodded, she then looked at the girl once more.

"What's going on?" Jay asked the girl.

"I'm going to the island today to take rocket fuel to my mom and Raven so they can go to space and make Nightblood." Clarke told her.

Jaycee looked at Nova then back to Clarke, "I'm coming with you then, Raven could use an extra brain to help," Jaycee said.

"Jay, no, you just woke up," Nova grabbed on to the girl's arm.

"Nova, I'm fine," She looked at Clarke, "I'm good, I promise, and you know that even though Raven's smart, she can't do it without me, and I'm not taking no for an answer," Jay said to the blonde.

"Okay, be ready in 30," Clarke said and walked out.

Nova looked at the girl, "Let me come with,"

Jay shook her head, "No, you heard them, they're making Nightblood and Luna is their source of blood, I am not having them take your blood too, it's too dangerous," Jaycee said softly to the small girl.

"But-" Nova tried to convince her but it didn't work, Jay just gave her a face.

"Fine," Nova said.

Jay smiled at the girl, "I want you to stay with Niylah, she can teach you how to wrap and stitch, and such" She looked at the girl.

Nova nodded, "Be careful though, okay?"

"Always," Jay smiled as she pulled the girl into a hug.

"Okay, go with Niylah," Nova nodded and got up to go to where Niylah was.

Jaycee stood up, she changed into some black cargo pants, a white long sleeve shirt, and an oversize dark green t-shirt.

She got up and put on some cargo boots, she started to walk, she then felt a pain in her leg, she grunted in pain as she fell on her good leg, she took a couple of deep breaths before she got up once again, walking through the pain. She made it out the door and started to walk to the hanger bay.