God Complex

Everyone was in the lab. Jaycee was standing next to Murphy and Raven, waiting to watch them test this man.

As much as Jaycee felt bad, it was better than Emori, she was just hoping that this would work. She knew that Nova wouldn't be able to survive on her own.

"Vital signs are strong. Jackson, seal the chamber," Abby told the other doctor.

Jackson did as he was told, "Copy that. He's ready,"

Raven looked at the man on the table who was in a capsule.

"Yeah, but are we?" She asked, looking around.

"The guy's a monster," Emori said, still playing into her act.

"We've been over this. None of us want to do this, but the death wave will be here in 10 days. Luna's stem cells grafted successfully. Baylis is making Nightblood on his own. This is really our only hope," Clarke told the others.

"We really still talking about this?" Murphy asked, gaining everyone attention. "Black rain is already here. 19 people died in it yesterday at Arkadia, so if Nightblood can let us walk around in it, I, for one, want to know about that," Murphy said, backing up his girlfriend.

Abby nodded, "Okay. Jackson, proceed.

"Copy that. Initiating. 500 REM" He started to increase the radiation, "850. This is where we'd see symptoms in a non-nightblood," Jackson told everyone.

"BP is 100 over 50. Body Temp is 98.7. Resting comfortably," Abby said when she was looking at Baylis's vitals.

"No visible effects," Clarke said, standing next to her mom.

"1,000 REM. 1,500." Jackson read as the radiation increased slowly.

"All good here," Abby said when she looked at his vitals.

"2,000 REM, the level of the black rain," Jackson said.

Jaycee's anxiety was getting better, she thought this wouldn't work, but there is hope now, "Still nothing. It's working" Clarke smiled.

"2,500" Jackson said.

Jaycee's thought they were all good, until she heard beeping.

"Wait," Abby spoke out.

"No. Turn it off!" Clarke yelled.

Jay covered her ears, not liking how Baylis was screaming in pain.

"it stings! em stings!" (It stings! It stings!) He screamed out in pain.

"Get him out of there!" Abby yelled out.

"Wait. It's not safe yet!" Jackson told Abby.

Jay looked at both doctors, she then focused her attention of Baylis, he was dying, and it was her fault, she was hoping that it would have worked. It didn't, then again, this would have been Emori.

Baylis started to scream and shout out in pain, he then started to spit out blood everywhere. Jaycee put her hands resting on the back of her head, she started pacing until she stopped because he had flatlined.

"What have we done?" Abby whispered.

•••

Jaycee was pacing back and forth, worried that someone else was going to be a test subject. Jay walked up to Murphy, "Hey, we're not gonna let anyone get to Emori, I know how special she is to you,"

Murphy nodded, "Thanks, I appreciate you helping, I know I don't deserve it, but thank you,"

Jay smiled, "I'm doing this for Emori, and maybe you, a little," She chuckled.