-30-

Noah, Billie and Kat were having dinner together.

"Oh by the way guys, my parents are gonna be gone for the weekend" Billie started. "I'm thinking about throwing a little party. I would love for you guys to come too," she smiled.

Noah looked up, interested. "Sounds cool. Count me in."

"cool," Billie smiled. "What about you Kat?"

Kat hesitated, "I'll see if I can swing by, but it does sounds cool."

"What do you have in mind?" Noah asked.

"Hmm I'm thinking about a 'Stars Under the Stars' theme? We could have fairy lights and lanterns outside and I might even lend a telescope for. people who actually want to stargaze, making it really cozy." Bills eyes sparkled with so much excitement that it went over to kat.

"That's cute." Kat thought out loud thinking back about the night the two of them sat on the rooftop admiring the stars.

"Yea, the dress code is fairy so whatever cute you have in your closet wear it:)"

Kat paced back and forth in her room, phone pressed to her ear, as Mani listened patiently on the other end. "So, Billie's throwing this party... 'Stars Under the Stars' or something," Kat started, trying to sound casual but the pitch in her voice hinted her excitement "And she wants me to come as well"

"That sounds amazing! Billie always throws the best parties. Plus, 'Stars Under the Stars'? Sounds so damn cute."

Kat smiled dreamingly. "Yeah, it does sound magical. I think I should go."

"Kat, you've been hanging out with Billie a lot lately." Normani hesitated. "Are you sure there nothing more maybe going on?" She asked carefully, trying not to push too hard.

"What you mean more?"

"I mean do you think you might be getting long a little too well? I don't know, like is it possible that there might be something more you're feeling towards her?"

"No, no," Kat stammered, caught off guard. "I mean, I just really appreciate her as a friend, that's all. We've already talked about all of it"

"You talked about it?" Mani raised an eyebrow.

"Yea, I mean after almost kissing again we had to. And at least I know it was never about her. It's her aura, I dont know, her eyes or her voice when she sings or all of it, but she did do something that made pulled me in and made me believe I wanted to kiss her."

Normani chuckled softly, her voice warm over the phone. "so that explains the sex dream you had with her?"

"Maniiii," Kat complained. "That was nothing, I already forgot it happenedddd, but yes""

"Kat you're crazy, just admit you feel drawn to her."

"I don't Mani, maybe I did a bit, to her eyes and her voice, but not anymore. We're just friends now"

"if you say so. But, if you ever change your mind thats also ok. Just saying."

Thanks Mani, but there is really nothing, I don't feel that for girls." Kat said convinced.

"Well just because you never have doesnt mean you never can."

"Maniii,"

"Yah, yah," Normani laughed. "Just let me know how it was."

Noah and Kat arrived together at Billie's party. The backyard was decorated with fairy lights twinkling from every corner and little paper stars hanging from the trees. A small telescope was set up, pointing towards the night sky. The atmosphere was electric and as guests began to arrive, the air filled with laughter, music, and the clinking of glasses.

"Kat you came" Billie greeted her as she gave her a hug. She was wearing a cute dress that perfectly showed off her figure. Kat's eyes subconsciously wandered down her body. It was the first time she had seen Billie dress feminine. Usually she was dressed very baggy and masculine. This was her fit:

"Billie this is incredible," Kat began, her eyes sparkling with genuine admiration

"Billie this is incredible," Kat began, her eyes sparkling with genuine admiration. "You've outdone yourself. It's like we've stepped into another world."

Billie looked up, a mix of pride and warmth in her smile. "Thanks KitKat. I wanted it to be special. I'm glad you're here."

"You look stunning." Kat added. "The dress is beautiful,"

"Yea babe, you look very hot," Noah agreed.

Billie smiled "Thanks."

As the evening progressed Kat caught up with some friends and enjoyed the party. Everyone seeming to embrace the theme, some even wearing attire that sparkled or glowed under the lights.

At some point Noah was pulled away by a group of friends to play a game, leaving Kat to wander a bit on her own. She admired the decorations and the effort Billie had put into making the evening special. Suddenly, she noticed Billie standing by the snack table by herself, refilling some drinks and snacks.

"Need any help?" Kat walked up to Billie.

Their eyes met for a moment longer than necessary until a flickering lantern caught Billie's eye. "Actually would you mind helping me with something? One of the lanterns is acting up," Billie asked casually.

"Of course," Kat replied

As they walked to the back part of the garden, the noise of the party faded into a soft backdrop. "so how has your night been?" Billie asked.

"really nice actually, thanks for inviting me," Kat flashed a smile.

"Of course," They worked together to fix the lanterns as their hands accidentally brushed.

"Can I tell you a secret?" Billie smiled nervously searching Kats eyes.

"Sure," Kats eyes sparked with curiosity.

"You actually inspired me for this party theme."

"Me?" Kat tilted her head puzzled.

"Yea, well the night we were star gazing, just stuck with me for some reason," Billie said shyly.

"That's cute," Kat smiled as a slow song started to play, its melody echoing through the night air. Billie hesitated before asking, "Do you dance, Kat?"

"I dont really know how. I mean you never showed me" Kat smiled nervously.

"Well I can show you now. If you'd like"

Kat felt her heart race, but she hesitated for a moment, before she managed to nod. "I'd like that, Billie. But you should know, I really suck at this."

"Billie chuckled as she held out her hand. "Don't worry "I'll teach you.  I mean its the least I can do, after all you are the reason I could keep dancing by helping me with my math exam"

Her eyes pierced right through Kat's and the corners of her lips broke into a smile as soon as Kat took her hand.

------

to be continued