twirling by the stairs.

for ; george

the yule ball was in full swing, the great hall adorned with enchanted snowflakes and twinkling lights

you found yourself swept up in the magic of the evening, dancing the night away with george weasley. his laughter was infectious, his steps graceful as you twirled around the dance floor together.

as the night wore on, the ache in your feet grew more pronounced. with a sigh of relief, you slipped off your heels and sat down on the steps leading out of the great hall, rubbing your sore feet.

george, ever attentive, noticed your discomfort and joined you on the stairs, "hey," he says.

"hey," you parrot.

george plopped down beside you, one eyebrow raised in amusement as he glanced at your bare feet, "feet giving you trouble, are they?"

you smiled softly, nodding, "just a bit sore,"

george glanced down at your feet, his expression thoughtful. "the dance doesn't have to end here, you know. would you like to dance some more?"

he grinned mischievously. with that, george removed his shoes and handed them to you, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "here, wear these. and i'll take yours,"

you couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of the situation, but you slipped on george's shoes nonetheless, finding them surprisingly comfortable.

meanwhile, george slipped into your heels with surprising ease, though he staggered slightly as he stood up.

"you can walk in those?" you ask.

"me and fred. we practices with ginny's and mum's heels. it was long time ago tho,"

you laughed, feeling a warmth spreading through your chest looking at the him — who was uneasy — as he walked.

"y'know what? i'm better off bare foot," he says, gently removing your heels.

extending his arm, bowing like a prince for you to take his hand — together, you made your way to a secluded corner by the staircase, where the two of you could dance in peace.

however, the peaceful moment was interrupted by the arrival of a few girls who sat on the stairs nearby. one of them was crying, while the others two tried to comfort her, their voices hushed but filled with concern.

then, to your surprise, ron appeared, followed closely by hermione, who was clearly not pleased with him. "off to bed, both of you," she says to ron and harry, her voice carried across the hallway, her tone being firm.

you and george exchanged a glance, both of you feeling a pang of disappointment at the sudden intrusion.

but george was quick to speak up, his voice filled with determination, "hey," he said softly, catching your attention.

"hmn?" you replied, turning to look at him.

"let's go somewhere else," george suggested, "somewhere where we can be alone."