finding home in you.

for ; george

george weasley had always been an affectionate person, which was something you had struggled to get used to.

at first, you had hated all the hugs, the hand-holding, and the constant need for physical closeness. but slowly, george's warmth and genuine love began to melt your icy exterior.

today was a quiet afternoon in george's bedroom. he was lying on his bed, playing with a few items, looking completely at ease.

you entered the room, spotting him immediately. despite your initial resistance to affection, you now found comfort in george's embrace, even if you were still a bit shy about initiating it.

you walked over to him, feeling a familiar flutter in your stomach. "what are you up to?" you asked, trying to keep your voice steady.

george looked up, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "just tinkering. wanna join?"

"maybe," you replied, your voice barely above a whisper.

george didn't seem to notice your nervousness. "well, i'm always up for some company," he said with a grin.

you took a deep breath, trying to summon the courage to make the next move. slowly, you inched closer to him, your heart pounding in your chest. finally, you mustered the nerve to wrap your arms around him, resting your head on his shoulder.

george looked surprised for a moment but quickly recovered, a soft smile spreading across his face. "this is new," he teased gently.

you felt your cheeks heat up, but you didn't pull away. george's smile widened, and he wrapped his arms around you in return, pulling you closer. "i'm not complaining," he said, pressing a kiss to the top of your head.

you let out a small sigh of contentment, finally allowing yourself to relax in his embrace. "don't get used to it," you warned, though the words lacked any real conviction.

"too late," george replied, his voice full of affection. "i'm already used to it."

"hmn?"

"you do it more often than you realise."

"i do?"

"yes."

it was moments like these that made you realize just how much you had come to love george, and how much he had changed you for the better.

as you lay there in his arms, you felt a sense of peace that you had never known before. it was as if all your worries and fears melted away in his presence, leaving only the warmth of his love.

"i love you," he confesses. not for the first time tho. he had been saying this more than he'd realise.

"i-i love-"

"it's ok don't force it. say it whenever you're ready, hmn?

and with that, you hum, safe and secure in the arms of the boy who had stolen your heart.