blind as blast-ended skrewt.

for ; fred

fred weasley leaned against the polished bar at the three broomsticks, a grin tugging at the corners of his lips as he watched you and lee jordan engaged in an intense game of wizard's chess at a nearby table

your laughter echoed through the cozy pub every time one of your pieces made a daring move.

george sidled up beside fred, his eyes twinkling with amusement. "you know," he said, nudging fred with his elbow, "when you and y/n were completely oblivious to each other? with feelings I mean,"

fred chuckled, casting a fond glance in your direction. "hard to believe, isn't it? we were blind as a blast-ended skrewt back then."

lee jordan, focused on the chessboard, overheard the conversation and grinned. "oh, believe me, it wasn't just you two. we had a front-row seat to the whole spectacle."

as if on cue, you looked up from the chessboard, catching fred's eye. the warmth in his gaze made your heart flutter, a silent reminder of how far you'd come since those days of mutual obliviousness.

fred couldn't help but laugh, shaking his head in disbelief. "merlin's beard, we were thick as thieves, weren't we?"

you nodded, a grin spreading across your face. "absolutely clueless. but hey, it all worked out in the end,"

george raised an eyebrow, a teasing glint in his eye. "you two think it's funny, but let me tell you, it was torture for the rest of us,"

lee nodded in agreement, "yeah, we had to endure all those longing glances and awkward moments. it's a wonder we survived,"

fred draped an arm around your shoulders, pulling you close with a playful smirk. "well, we couldn't have done it without your moral support, could we?"

you rolled your eyes but leaned into his side with a smile. "thanks for suffering through it with us, guys. we owe you one,"

the four of you dissolved into laughter. though the journey from friendship to something more had been filled with its fair share of ups and downs, you wouldn't have traded it for anything in the world.

after all, sometimes the best love stories are the ones that start with a little laughter and a whole lot of friendship.