george in the box

for ; george

the moment you stepped into weasleys' wizard wheezes, your eyes widened with wonder as you took in the colorful chaos that surrounded you

the moment you stepped into weasleys' wizard wheezes, your eyes widened with wonder as you took in the colorful chaos that surrounded you. george weasley beamed proudly at your reaction, thrilled to show off the fruits of their labor.

"welcome to our humble abode," george and fred said with a grin, gesturing grandly at the array of magical products lining the shelves.

as you marveled at a shelf filled with extendable ears, george chuckled, saying, "careful there, those might come in handy if you ever need to eavesdrop on some juicy gossip,"

you laughed and replied, "i'll keep that in mind, though i hope i won't need them for anything too scandalous,"

george nodded knowingly, "oh, you never know what mischief you might find yourself in, especially with a bit of magic at your disposal,"

as you examined a particularly colorful box of skiving snackboxes, george leaned in conspiratorially, "those are fred's specialty. guaranteed to get you out of a boring class or two,"

you raised an eyebrow, "and what's the side effect? turning into a puffskein?"

"oh, much worse. but where's the fun in spoiling the surprise?"

"we had quite the adventure testing those out. let's just say, mum wasn't too pleased when she found herself sprouting feathers,"

you couldn't help but laugh, picturing mrs. weasley's reaction to such chaos.

"oh and i have something for you," george says — bowing slightly — like a prince, gesturing you to take his hand, which you do as you follow him to wherever he takes you.

at a small storeroom, george makes you sit on a stool as he rummages for something. a box. a present for you.

"open it,"

you hurriedly take off the wrapper and in you guess is a jack-in-the-box. as you turned the crank on the box, anticipation filled the air, with each twist, the cartoon likeness of george popped out with a mischievous grin, accompanied by a burst of confetti and a playful tune. (it was not just any jack in the box, it was a cartoon version of george himself as the jack.)

as you looked up at george, still giggling from the surprise of the jack-in-the-box, he leaned in with a playful grin, he gently kissed your nose. it was a sweet and unexpected gesture, leaving you feeling even more grateful and connection you shared with him.

 it was a sweet and unexpected gesture, leaving you feeling even more grateful and connection you shared with him