grey skies, stones and sweet serenades.

for ; fred

under the cloudy and gray sky, the lake took on a more subdued tone, its surface mirroring the somber mood of the day

you sat beneath the shelter of a tree, feeling the cool breeze brush against your skin as you watched fred weasley skip stones across the water.

"think you can beat my record?" fred called out as he sent another stone flying.

you smiled, shaking your head. "i highly doubt it,"

"c'mon. give it a try,"

with a playful grin, fred beckoned you over, his enthusiasm infectious even on such a dreary day. you joined him by the water's edge, the gray clouds casting a soft, diffused light over the scene.

handing you a smooth stone, fred stood beside you, his warmth radiating despite the chill in the air. "give it a good flick, like this," he instructed, demonstrating the motion with ease.

you followed his lead, trying your best to mimic his technique. but the stone simply sank — not even skipping once.

"that's alright, love, try again,"

you tried once more, focusing on the smooth, fluid motion of your wrist as you flicked the stone across the water.

you tried and tried and tried and finally, to your delight, the stone skipped not once, twice, but thrice before disappearing beneath the surface. you looked at fred, your face lighting up with excitement.

"i did it!" you exclaimed, unable to contain your joy.

"oh yes you did," fred says cupping your face, squeezing your cheeks as he leans to delicately brush his lips against yours.

"oh, look what we have here,"

you and fred turn towards the voice. it was your friends giggling at the site of you both kissing.

"skipping classes and stones?" one of your friends says as you lightly push fred. but he refused to let go, hugging you from behind as he rests his chin on your shoulder, a bunch of 'awww's being heard.

"well, enjoy your time with your boyfriend," she says, "we'll just leave. see ya later, babes." she waves you bye-bye.

"fred,"

"hmn?"

"you're still holding onto me,"

"do you want me to leave?"

"if i say 'yes', you'll cry,"

"exactly."