Chapter 14(Celestine+Alex)

I annoyingly hit my alarm clock to stop the noise. It's not like I slept anyways. I've been awake all night racking my brain trying to figure out who the fuck put a camera in my room, and why? The only people who have access to my room is my mom, Aunt Eddie and me. None of whom would put a goddamn camera in here, the only people in my mind as a suspect however, Mindy or Aron. Or maybe both together? Aron apologized yesterday, I thought it was for the prank Mindy played but his face looked too serious for that, maybe it's cause he was apologizing for the camera then? And Mindy being Mindy, I can bet she had something to do with this. Right as I finish that thought I check the time to see I really do need to get up, I reluctantly drag myself out of bed and text Alex that I'd be a few minutes late today.

3 minutes. I was late by 3 minutes but that's apparently enough for Alex to be welcomed inside my home and to be offered a glass of fresh juice. "C, you took so long! I couldn't just let your friend wait in the car!" My moms tone didn't really tell me much about what she thought about Alex but I'm guessing it was nothing bad because Aunt Eddie was right there next to her. The moment Alex saw me his head snapped up and his eyes looked........hopefull? Joyful? I'm not sure, "Since your getting a ride to school and I need a ride to the farmers market I'm coming along alright?" That was Aunt Eddie's attempt at trying to get us and herself out of the house, but she doesn't do that unless she knows mom needs her alone time, which means even though she isn't showing it, my moms upset about something. I nod at her and grab my bag before bidding my mom goodbye and all three of us walk out of the house. Once we get in the car mine and my aunt's smile fades. "Why is mom upset?" Aunt Eddie looks at me with an unknowing look, "I'm not sure, I remember last night when I went for my midnight snack I saw her at the table holding her head with some letter, I didn't ask much because she didn't look ready to talk. When I get back she'll have calmed down, I'll ask her then." I nod at her until it hits me that- Alex was hearing every word of it. He pretended like he wasn't though, like he knew me and my aunt just needed a private talk and he pretended to be on his phone instead. "Alex, this is my Aunt Eddie, Aunt Eddie, this is Alex" He put his phone down and gave her a small smile, and this wasn't the time to think about it but God- it was so adorable.
"Wait- Alex as in the guy who ate you out when you tried to get clarity on your relationship?" Alex coughed the same way he did when I told him I knew how to ride the biker as well, I guess you could say that a lack of a filter is- genetic in this family. My aunt was actually smiling at Alex's reaction, "Well actually- I'd prefer if you didn't refer to me like that"
"Well then what would you have me refer to you as?"
"Celestine's boyfriend." When he said that it came out, sure and proud. Like he was proud to be my boyfriend. God it was actually so cute. "Well, as long as you don't refer to yourself as that in front of her mother." Alex went quiet for a minute and I let out a heavy sigh
"She's not very cool about me dating- so it's better if my mom doesn't know." He looked at me and seemed like he was contemplating something, but then he just nodded and started to drive. I took that as my cue to talk. "I need to tell you both something," I could feel Alex's and my aunt's eyes on me. "Last night, I found a camera stuck to my desk. I'm not sure how long it's been there but I'm going to try and find out."
"What?" That came from Alex, he seemed pissed off,
"C, I stay in your room- who the fuck has seen what?" My aunt's eyes widen in that panic
"I know, like I said I'm going to figure this out, my bet is Aron and Mindy have something to do with this."
"Aron? The guy you used to have a crush on?"
"Yes, he apologized to me yesterday"
"What for?"
"I'm not sure."
Alex turned to me with an unsure face, "look, I don't know why he apologized yesterday but.... I'll be honest, I don't think he had anything to do with the camera. Mindy however, I don't doubt it."
"How are you so sure?"
He didn't answer for some time but then he gave me an expression that made me feel like I could trust him. "It's a gut feeling, leave Aron to me. I'll handle it." I nod at him letting it go. Right now I need to focus on getting the footage out of the camera, and for that I'm going to have to talk to Amanda Noris.

(Alex)
The moment I spot him I stop him in his tracks before he can head to class.
"Alex, I know I said we'll meet again but I didn't really mean this soon"
"We need to talk" His face went serious at my tone,
"I'm assuming this is about something else then." I nod and point at the library. He follows me as we discreetly move inside the library.
"What's up?"
"There was a camera found in Celestine's room."
"What?!" His eyes were wide and eyebrows scrunched, I was right, he wasn't involved in this.
"Then I'm guessing you know nothing about this?"
"No of course not-...." His sentence felt unfinished as his face morphed into realization. "I'm 100% sure Mindy planted it there."
"That's obvious but why do you think so?"
"Mindy once told me that she planted a camera in the girls locker room before P.E class but Celestine changed in the washroom instead."
"Mindy what?"
"I know, she told me after she'd done it or I would have stopped her I promise. I even asked her never to do it again but.... I guess she didn't listen."
I process his words as my blood boils I walk away leaving Aron as I find my way to where I know she'll be. I am not letting Mindy go for this one.

(Celestine)
I walk to the library as fast as I can knowing she only stays there for a few minutes. Luckily the moment I barge in she's leaving. "Hey Celeste, you okay?"
"I need to talk to you"
I grab her hand and pull her to the back of the library where I know no one really comes.
"Woah chill out, what's wrong?"
"Can you find out the owner of a camera?"
"What?"
"I need you to find out who planted this in my goddamn room." I hold out the camera to her, she takes a moment to inspect it then nods at me.
"I'll find out. Give me 2 hours."
"Done."
I hand her the camera and ask her to text me as I take my leave, but on my way to the lunch room I hear yelling from one of the classrooms.
"There's no point in lying!"
"There's no point in bluntly pointing fingers either!"
"Nothing about this is blunt Mindy."
Mindy? And that voice, it's Alex screaming, I rush to the classroom, the moment I open the door both their eyes fall on me and Mindy opens her mouth, "oh brilliant now she's here to blame me too."
Blame her? No way she doesn't see why she would be the prime suspect.
"Well you're all anyone can really think of." Mindy snaps her head at my words and glares at me.
"Mindy just speak up. For fuck's sake confess what you did" Alex's voice sounds like a mixture of frustration and anger, Mindy's guard however, doesn't drop. "I can't confess to something I didn't do Hunter! I didn't plant the goddamn camera I'm telling you!"
"I know you planted a camera in the locker room." This time both mine and Mindy's heads snap, towards Alex.
"She did what?!"
"She planted a camera in the locker room but luckily you went to the bathroom to change" I try to process Alex's words and recall what he's talking about...........oh my gosh. He's right. I knew something felt off that day. She planted a camera? What the fuck?!
"Mindy this is beyond fucked up."
"Alright look. I may have planted the camera in the locker room but.... I didn't get anything. Plus Aron yelled at me so fucking much telling me not to do it again. And I haven't! I haven't planted any cameras whatsoever!" Every single piece of information I'm getting right now is hitting. Hard. Aron knew? And yelled at her for it. Alex knew? And didn't tell me? Mindy......did this? I knew she didn't like me anymore but this is..........what the fuck is happening?
"Alright fine. You're saying you never planted a camera. Let's find out then."
She rolled her eyes at me and Alex's brows furrowed
"And how are we supposed to do that?"
"I'm already on it. We gotta wait for another 1 and half hour. I'll call you both, and we find out who planted the goddamn camera deal?"
"I'm telling you I didn't fucking do it."
"Don't fucking test me anymore Mindy. I call, you come. Deal?" She flinched slightly at my tone and I could see the expression of pride on Alex's face.
"Deal."

Let's see who did what.