Cultural Identity

After the reunion tour ended, the Snack Pack, the BroZone, the Heeler families and their friends returned to the Philippines. Rose was finally relieved to return there.

"It feels so good to be back," Rose sighed.

"You said it," Poppy agreed.

"There are lots of things I don't know about my identity but I am mostly close to my African-American culture and Filipino-American culture back at Harmonia Falls," Rose said.

"I've been here several times when my family visited my relatives in the summer," DJ Suki said.

"That is so cool, you must be an expert on visiting here!" Poppy said.

"Yeah, you can show us the locations where they have the best fun attractions!" Muffin squealed.

"Even better than the waterpark we went to?" Gristle asked offendedly.

"Well... umm..." Muffin stammered.

"I'm just teasing, you can have many favorite places," Gristle said ruffling Muffin's head.

"There are lots of places to visit in the Philippines, aside from Enchanted Kingdom, where we started the reunion concert," DJ Suki said.

"I only visit here with grandma to visit my maternal relatives so I don't know much about my identity as a Filipino," Rose said. "The only places I went to were Vigan, Pagudpud beach and the northern parts of Luzon."

"We already visited a few places here in the Philippines so you're going to learn more by getting to know your origin through visiting natural sites and historical places," DJ Suki said.

"You mean, learn more about my identity?" Rose gasped.

"Exactly," DJ Suki nodded.

"Alright, we can do that," Rose agreed.

"Hooray!" Cheered Bluey, Bingo and Muffin.

"Looks like they want to help," John Dory smirked.

"As long as their parents come with them, I will be okay with that," Rose said.

"We will come no matter what, they are our kids after all," Chilli said.

"I can't wait to find out what your origin is," Bandit agreed.

"Me too," Stripe nodded in agreement.

"Maybe we can start at the places you have already been, like Vigan, Pagudpud beach and the northern parts of Luzon," Poppy suggested.

"That is where I learned about the ancestors of my mother's side," Rose said, reading a book. "Mahirap ito!"

"What are you reading?" Branch asked her.

"It's this novel called Noli Me Tangere....?" Rose said confusingly.

"Yeah, it's one of the novels that the national hero of the Philippines, Dr. Jose Rizal wrote," DJ Suki informed her.

"Reading more of the language made me confused, I learned a bit of Filipino back at home and I only know a few words," Rose said.

"Only a few? It seems you really need to catch up on your heritage," Viva said.

"You'll get a taste of the Spanish influence in the northern part of Luzon, that's where many heritage sites are found," DJ Suki said.

"Woah, really? That is so cool," Bluey said.

"What other places do you remember that can connect to your ansest ses," Bingo asked, trying really hard to pronounce the big word.

"Ancestors?" Rose asked.