10) The island

I had never been in the chopper before, that was a little more daunting than I imagined. The sound of the blades not able to be drowned out by the headset we wore to communicate. We were in the air before the sun came up and landed as the warm rays were heating up the cool night air. The short flight felt like hours as I held on to my own legs for comfort, shoulder to shoulder with my team mates.

The team had discussed the take down on the flight, an informant advised our perps were in the hotel atop the largest hill on the island. The walk up the steep hill, where there was no path, hidden by the foliage and trees, took some energy away. As soon as one of them spotted us, the adrenaline kicked in and small war kept me going, till all three were apprehended. Alice healed Regan and myself, Regan getting thrown into a tree outside, me into a wall next to the service desk, hitting my head on the desk as I went down.

There were locals unhappy with the damage and the hotel owner spent an hour on the phone, with Dominic, before we could even transport the two males and female off the island. I had the opportunity to talk with the female after she was suppressed. Finding out the mother of the children had no remorse, seeming she didn't care about the way it affected her children or their now orphan status after the whole family's arrest.

The original perp had not stopped carrying on since we suppressed him, with a blocker powder bomb and Mark wrestled him to the ground of the hotel lobby, they were trying to escape from. His constant yelling and abuse gave me a headache, that stayed with me till we where back at the base.

Once I was back at base, I showered and changed, washing away the headache and disgust, some people should never have children. I vowel to myself if I have kids they will come first, no matter what. Max would be a wonderful father; I can tell by the way he cares for me. The thought gave me butterflies, I missed him so much. Getting up and leaving before he awoke and at that point it was nearing six in the afternoon.

Returning to my team in the office, we went through and completed the paperwork. I was again hooked up to the machine, once I viewed more body cam footage. I stretched and cracked every vertebra down my spine after the pads were removed from my head.

"Grose" Alice shakes her head.

"No, it felt amazing" I retorted.

Alice giggled at me, shaking her head more.

"You know our medical covers massages, as we don't really need much medical care." Regan pipes up.

"Really, that's cool." I would have killed for a massage.

"There is one on ground floor." Alice then nods in agreement.

"Lets all go get one, we are finished here, right?" I'm sure my eyes were popping out of my head in excitement.

"Closed now." Dominic's sultry voice came from behind his desk.

"Quick drink then?" Alice's contagious smile filled her face.

"One." I held up my index finger and emphasized only one.

With work off for the next twenty-four hours, why not.

-

Making it home after two am, I quietly snuck around the house. The tired feeling from hours ago gone, my body was loose and I was wide awake. I found Max's earbuds and set them up for my phone. Bobbing along quietly to the music, I did some cleaning and ate toast with vegemite, before finally feeling a little tied again. My sleep schedule is going to be so messed up.

-

I got a few hours of sleep before I heard Max moving around the room. Opening my eyes to get a look at his tight buns, his thighs moving to put his boxes on. He clearly had just stepped out the shower, not drying his body properly, there was water droplets in the middle of his back, between his shoulder blades. My eyes racked over his body, his, even with the boxers on sexy ass, his toned legs and biceps, his chest and abs as he turned. My eyes met his face, his eyes looking back at me and the perfect smirk on his lips.

Telling sleep to get stuffed, I wiggled my index finger, inviting him back to bed.