25) Girl

One day you my precious daughter will read this. Just as I have read my grandmother's journal.

Her beautiful handwriting, I could never match, but her words of wisdom and life experience has opened my eyes to new views on the world.

Things have changed so much since my mother was young, the majority of the population embracing Specials into society. After all it is why I do what I do, when I can work that is.

The lack of Special skills however is prohibiting me from doing much. Not to blame you though. Dr. Paisley advised that a Cypher has Skills from the start, they can't control them, touch will allow you to cypher any Special and as I am caring you inside me, you can not help but to steal that part of me.

Once you are born and, in my arms, I'm sure it will be different. We will teach you how to use and control your skill the best we can. There is always the option of getting help from Renee, although she has pulled away a little lately. Not to sure why.

I know all this; Unit work, Missions and information will be obsolete, by the time you do read this and hopefully the world will change, for the better.

Juliet is on her way, accompanied by Max (your father), the truck hasn't arrived yet so they will beat it, Juliet can unpack her stuff, it won't need to go to storage.

Not sure how it's going to feel living with Juliet, only living with Max for years and having friends stay over. Katherine has stayed another two nights, keeping me company when she can get away from her, high importance position. Her dedication to her job is outstanding, although she has promised me, she is getting some 'personal life' time in, recently.

Happy if she has found a man to cuddle with. Maybe you just read this entry, my dear daughter.

I also managed to ask her how her parents where going, although that conversation was ended abruptly when she simply said, "I don't talk to them." I didn't want to pry, not my place, right? I mean they were my foster parents, for a time but they are her biological parents. Still, it surprised me they had a fulling out, as always seemed close.

Leaving that subject till she was ready to talk about it, we ended up having a good last day together. As much as I love catching up and having Katherine stay, would it be different having Juliet here, living with us.

If she is still here when our bundle of happiness enters the world (you), would it then be a crowded house. As much as the house is large with plenty of space, I have gotten use to having my own house, to walk naked around if I want. Sorry too much information.

I'm sure it will be fine. She is family and we may need the help, with you and house upkeep.

Your nursery is nearly done. Your dad did most of the big things before going back for Juliet. I have done some small changes and added all the gifts people keep dropping off. Your grandparents Maria and Roy have also helped with the final stages. They know I like to be prepared, Maria made sure the cot and bassinet is made but covered to not collect any dust that may enter through the vents.

I hung and put away all the cute little outfits and Roy was a blessing, with painting a beautiful forest landscape on the wall, opposite your cot. It has little bunnies and birds, flowers and sunrays filtering through green trees. I have a photo just in case its painted over before you come of age to remember.

Knowing before we meet, you will be the light of our eyes. Our blood, heart and Soul, mine and your dad's bundled together in the best way possible.

I will be honest it still scares me, the idea of being a mother. Looking after another human/Special, requires so much love and devotion. People say that comes the moment you hold or lay eyes on your own child.

I had loving parents, remember them fondly. I also had people who had stepped into that role but fell short. I hope that one day, I can ask you if we raised you right and you can say without a doubt, you had a great childhood.

With only eight weeks left till we get to meet you and smother you in kisses, know you are and always will be the best thing in our lives.