18) Surprise

I took my time, got changed and spoke to Max about her visit. He didn't mind her knowing our address or coming over, as she was after all a part of the Special Unit. I gave her the address and time to arrive, giving me and Max time to have a quick and easy meal.

Max sat down to the steak sandwiches dinner I had quickly whipped up, a cheesy grim plastered on his face.

"What are you up to?" I asked, unable to help the smile creeping onto my face, catching it from him.

"A surprise, for after Renee leaves!" Then came that chuckle of his that nearly made me cancel on Renee and drag him to our room. He knows what he does to me and how horny I am pregnant, which only makes it worse as his chuckle continues.

The sandwiches where devoured in no time at all, but all I got was a kiss while I took his plate from in front of him. Devouring him had to wait.

Renee arrived right on time. She looked really nervous as I introduced her to Max who would not be joining us out the back. I almost felt sorry for her as her hand sweet was wiped on her oversized hoody and the fear leaked out into the air.

All she had to do was tell me the truth or at least a better reason for not being able to tell me.

We made our way out the back and I settled in on the outdoor lounge, placing two Lemonade cans on the table.

Renee stood in front of one of our single outdoor lounge seats, looking around the large plant filled garden bed that fills almost a third of the yard.

"Take a seat, we can just chat for now." As much as I wanted to get it over with and get back to Max, I know she needed to go at her pace.

I shared some of my story with her growing up in mostly Normy households from an age where kids are just finding their Special skills and getting help from their own loving parents. I also shared me and Max are expecting and my child will be brought up to know and embrace their Special Skills from a young age. This helped her to start talking about herself but she only offered up her Special Skill title when she noticed how tired I had become. Unable to stop a yawn and slumping onto the arm rest of the lounge, she started feeling sorry for me.

I would say being pregnant has its perks but the jury is still out on that.

"Well technically I can have any Special Skill I want." Renee stiffened as she said it like she didn't want to say it but forced herself to.

I was confused at first, then I remembered and old case file Dominic had me look over to see if I could work out the Special Skill of the perp.

"You're a Cypher?" I sat up a lot straighter at the interesting revelation. They are very rare; the skill only being known of by a few outside of case work. As she did people who possess the skill usually mask it by just using the skill of a loved one so they don't stand out. They can prove the skill they claim to have because they syphon the skill. The power that Specials have that doctors all over the world want to know how, she can borrow or duplicate.

She had my undivided attention for a further hour. I asked so many questions about the biggest skill she has tried and most fun. She happy answered all my silly questions, relaxed and open we laughed more then I could have ever predicted this conversation would allow.

Till she thanked me and said she had to get going. I walked her out, locking the door behind her.

As I was about to head to bed I could feel Max's presents, lingering behind me. Sleep had to wait the game was on.

I concentrated on blocking out the crickets chirping in the back yard and the hum of the fridge, using my eyes to see the faint trickery signs. It took me a while to see Max's signs when he turned invisible, another skill I have acquired from years of playing hide and fuck with him.

When I seen the shield, as I call it, move just at the end of the back entry, I had a brilliant idea.

Thinking I wouldn't get far outside the back door before Max grabbed me and had his way with me, I grabbed the throw rug from the back of the couch before seeking my man.

The back table was as far as I got. The discarded cans went flying and I was turned invisible in seconds as he stripped, caressed and pressured me with both his tongue and long fingers. Cleaning me with his mouth before lifting me effortlessly to the outdoor lounge.

The invisible fast paced intimate activity that took place on the lounge was classed as round one. Round two taking place on the lawn where I found myself joyfully spent. Max had covered me with the throw rug prior to bringing me back to my non-see-through form. Glad that even though our neighbors are not nosey I wouldn't be seen naked in the middle of the back yard.

It was a relatively cold night but Max and I stayed out there a little longer enjoying each other's embrace and playing spot the stars that the sweeping clouds in the black night sky let through.

"That was a nice surprise" I whispered, snuggled into the crook of Max's neck.

"Oh, that wasn't the surprise, just fun." Max kissed the top of my head before picking me up and carrying me to the bathroom.

When all my business was taken care and I was ready for bed, I exited the ensuite to find Max sitting on the edge with that cheesy grin again.

"Surprise." His arm shot out towards me holding an envelope.