A night at the Nelson's

Nick's POV:

Why am I actually starting to like David? I've hated him my whole life! I guess after we went on holiday together when I was 19, he kind of realised that me and Charlie have feelings? I don't know.

"Sorry." I say with a guilty feeling.
"Why?"

I actually feel really sorry now.

"I've been a really bad brother, and you're trying to be nice!" I want to cry.
"Nick...don't beat yourself up about it! I understand if you don't fully accept my apology, but I just wish you could."

...

"I do accept your apology! I was just scared you'd say something."
"Something mean?"
"Yeah."

He chuckles with a sigh.

"I'm really proud of you, and I actually can't believe you have 2 kids, and I never knew! That's insane!"

I laugh before a hand grabs onto mine, along with a little hand on my shoulder. I look back, and Lily is doing grabby hands. I take her off of Charlie and pull her onto my hip.

"Lily, Oscar, this is your uncle David!" I say and point to him.

David smile turns into a massive grin.

"Hi! Look at you two! You look so cute!" He walks over to us.

He looks at me, scared for a second, and I realise that Lily has hid herself I my neck.

"Lily, Darling, go see your uncle." I whisper in her ear.

"Baby, go see your uncle, please." Charlie chimes in.

She pulls out of my neck and looks at David before smiling. I hand her over to David, and my heart melts as he starts tickling her and talking to her.

My shirt doesn't feel tight anymore, and that's when I realise that Oscar isn't by my side anymore, but hugging David.

♡~~♡

We're starting to head home when Lily comes waddling down the stairs, holding a little teddy bear.

"What's that you've found, baby girl?" I ask, crouching down to her.
"Teddy!" She squeals, holding it up to my face.
"Where did you get that?" Charlie asks, finally walking back with Oscar.

Lily stays silent, so I shrug my shoulders.

"Baby, where did you find that?" Charlie crouches down to fix Oscar's shirt.

Before she can answer, David comes into the room.

"Oh! Are you two heading home?" He looks sad?
"Yeah, we're just going the now."

Before David leaves, I ask about the teddy bear.

"David, wait! Where did Lily get this?" I hold up the bear.
"Mum made her it."

"I made what?" Mum walks into the hall.
"Did you make thsi bear for Lily?"
"Yes. I did. I've made Oscar one too, dear!"

She runs into the kitchen before running back out with another bear.

"Here you go, Love."

Oscar takes the bear with a smile, hugging her after.

"Thank you!!" Oscar runs back to us, smiling.

♡~~♡