Please come home.

TW: Panic/Anxiety Attack

Nick's POV:

"Nicky...you need to go back!" Mum cries.
"I can't, Mum..." I sob.

David's sitting in the kitchen, listening to us.

"Nicky..."
"NO! IM NOT GOING BACK!" I scream.

I didn't mean to yell at her...

"Nick," David walks in, "you've left your fiancé, two kids, and dog alone in the house! Charlie's probably freaking out, mate! You need to go back, and if not, I'm going!" David objects.

Tears roll down my cheeks before I burst into tears, shaking my head repeatedly.

"Right, I'm going to make sure your family's ok!" He picks up his car keys and puts on his shoes.

I don't reply.

"Nicholas, I'm serious. If you don't get up and go get your family, I swear to god!"

I just cry.

"Bye."

He walks out, slamming the door shut.

"I'm a terrible person, Mum..." I sob.

Mum doesn't say a word. She pulls me into a warm and comforting hug, rubbing my back slowly.

Charlie's POV:

I'm sitting on the floor, hands on my knees, rocking back and forth, sobbing.

Why'd he leave?
Why?
Why!?
WHY!?

I feel myself start to get really angry.

That anger turns into rage and that rage turns into panic, that panic turns into pain.

♡~~♡

The front door unlocks and I hope it's Nick. But it's not.

"Charlie? You there?" A voice calls out.

They walk into the living room before crouching down in front of me.

David...!?

"Hey. You alright?" He asks.
"Do I look fine?" I laugh, dying inside.
"No, you don't. That's why I'm here."

I hesitate, but ask anyway.

"Do you know where Nick is?" I ask.
"At our mum's."

I sigh out of relief.

"Why's Nick not coming back?" I want to cry.
"I think he's just really overwhelmed with the situation-" I cut him off.
"You know what happened?"
"He told us due to shock. He never meant to. And no, I won't tell anyone."
"Thank you."

He stands up and reaches out a hand. I take it and he pulls me to my feet.

"Let's get you sorted."

We walk into the kitchen and I sit on the counter top while gets me a wet cloth for my face.

He hands me the cloth before making himself and I a cup of tea.

In the past few years, David's been really nice. He's gotten closer to our family and is really free in our house. He'll come visit when he gets off work and usually cooks us dinner, which is really appreciated by me and Nick.

"David, why are you helping me?" I ask nervously.
"First of all, you're family. Second of all, you make my brother happy. Third of all, you're a good guy."

Wow...

"Thanks. But, like, shouldn't you be looking after Nick? Never mind, he's probably out drunk with his friends."
"He's crying." He stares at me.
"What?"
"He's in pain, Spring. Deep pain. He kept saying no to coming back because of how upset he was."