I guess life isn't so bad.

TW: small panic attack

Charlie's POV:

I hate this.
Hate this.
Hate this.
Hate this!

I wish we could be young and happy again. We'll, I've never been happy in my life, but that's not the point.

I've been awake since Nick and I went to bed. I'm wide awake, and there is no way I'm falling asleep after today. Nick, on the other hand, fell asleep as soon as he got under the covers.

I start to rethink today's events, even though it's 5am.

If only we got Oliver out of there quicker...

Tears roll down my cheeks.

I start to panic, scared I'll wake Nick up. I try to breathe slowly, but it just quickens again, eventually losing my breath and getting dizzy.

"N-Nick..."

He turns to face me, still asleep.

"N-Nick...w-wake up..."

He doesn't wake up but softly wraps his arm around my waist, snuggling up to me and putting his head on my stomach.

I slowly start to gain my breath back, feeling the warmth and comfort of Nick's sleeping habit of him wrapping his arms around me.

I'm very grateful to have Nick in my life. I probably wouldn't be alive if it wasn't for him. I know it sounds dramatic, but it's true.

♡~~♡

I finally fall asleep, thanks to Nick's sleepy begging.

♡~~♡

I wake up, and to no surprise, Nick's at work for the first time this month, due to his holiday off.

I find the strength to get out of bed and check my phone.

Nick sent me a text.

Nick ❤️

"Hey char! Im off to work but Ollie's downstairs playing the switch, at least he was when I left. He woke up around 7:30 and had breakfast (thanks to me)
I'll be back at 4pm today. I'm sorry I'm not there after yesterday, but please, if you need anything or if something happens, call me!! I love you, mon chéri❤️"

Great.

I head downstairs and see Ollie sitting on the floor with his switch in hand, Mario Kart music blasting from the TV.

"Morning." I say as I switch on the kettle.

He turns around and looks at me.

"Morning."

I pour myself a tea and ask Ollie if he wants something.

"What?" He asks, looking scared.
"Do you want tea or coffee? Or I can get OJ or AJ?"

He stares at me.

"Ollie? You ok?" I ask.
"Can I have tea?"
"Yeah, I'll make it right now."
"Am I allowed it?"
"What'd you mean? Of course you are."
"Mum doesn't let me have tea or coffee."
"Well, as long as you're here, you can have whatever you feel like having."

His face lights up.

"Still set on that tea?"

He nods.

♡~~♡

Oscar and Will woke up an hour ago and Lily's just got dropped off.

"PAP!!" She squeals.

She crashes into my legs, almost making me fall.

"Guess who's here." I tell her.
"Who?"

I take her hand and bring her into the living room, her smile returning.

"UNCLE OLLIE!!"

Without hesitation, she falls into his arms, wrapping her arms around him like a teddybear.

I guess life isn't so bad.