Chapter 31 : Damage Control

Thank you🩵

Thank you🩵

Sorry about the mistakes here.
——

Jin rubbed his temple and sank back into the chair, exhaling loudly in frustration after hearing Namjoon's distorted version of his and Jungkook's relationship.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" he asked, shaking his head in disbelief.

Namjoon who was picking on his nails looked at him, puzzled. "What?"

"Why would you disrespect him like that in front of me?"Jin pressed..feeling a surge of anger.

"Disrespect him? I didn't... I thought he didn't want a relationship... what else was I supposed to say?" Namjoon defended himself.

Jin groaned loudly "You didn't, Joon! You didn't want a relationship... " he said with big eyes " he came back to you again and again and even suggested keeping things casual because he wanted something... you were the one who was against it, not him!" Jin argued, frustration evident in his voice.

Namjoon's lips parted in realization, but Jin continued before he could speak. "And so..let me summarise this..when your mental health was deteriorating and we all were worried about you getting sick.. he helped you get through it... he supported you in seeing a therapist and even attended sessions with you! The reason you are all better these days is because he came into your life...And you just made him sound like... like a hooker! " Jin accused ..his voice tinged with disappointment.

Namjoon stammered, "I ..I..panicked..."

"You panicked?" Jin scoffed. "Look, I still don't have a clear idea of what you are  going through, and i m not pressing you to share more than you want to and I don't know what you want with this man either. But he wanted and respected you way more than you realise, and he is clearly upset" Jin concluded in his firm tone

Namjoon looked at him for a while. Without blinking trying to figure things out "You ..think he wants a relationship with me like a partner...like you and Tae?"

Jin shrugged "I don't know, maybe he does... or maybe he just wants to at least be called a friend! That's basic respect you can give to someone who stayed by your side all this time when he had no particular benefit from it! And especially after you were creepy with him, asking for sex..."Jin huffed not wanting to go on anymore

Namjoon sighed and sat back, reflecting on his choices.

"Did you, by the way...?" Jin trailed off lifting his eyebrows suggestively

"No!" Namjoon replied.

"God!! Connect the dots then!! " Jin exclaimed.

"You think I need to...?" Namjoon began

"I don't know, Joon... figure it out!! " Jin snapped "You kept him around... and you were intimate with him? Like what i saw!!"

"Yes!!"Namjoon admitted.