Who's Ready To Save A Life? - Chapter 2

A/n: Hi friends, this chapter takes place a few days after the last so they have started the surgeries already.
_______________________

Y/n's POV 12:34 PM

You made your way to OR 1 with a smile on your face because today is the day of the big surgery. You, Derek, and Amelia have been planning on how to go about the surgery for the last 5 days because of how long it is.

You had all decided to switch places with each other every two hours because The surgery is 6 hour's long so each of you get two hours. Derek first, then you, and lastly Amelia.

By the time you reached the scrub room Derek was already finishing up with his part. His part was the hardest Amelia made him give you the easiest part of the surgery because she didn't really trust you.

So you were fixing an aneurysm the patient had while she extracted a tumor and Derek fixed a subdural hematoma. When Derek walked in he started to wash his hands next to you "they're ready for you" he said seeing that you had already washed your hands "I'm just so nervous about messing up because I haven't done surgery in months."

You said before starting to pick at your skin. "You have nothing to worry about your going to be fine me and Amy will be watching and if you start to get to nervous send me a signal, okay?" He said stopping you from picking, you nodded "now go get em tiger" he said giving you a big smile you smiled back before hugging him and heading into the OR.

You took your position and looked into the gallery "alright, who's ready to save a life?" You said looking around at all the nurses in the room "scalpel" you said holding your hand out. You hovered it over the and took a deep breath before cutting into the patient's head.
_________________________

Y/n's POV 1:53 PM

By the time you had finished and had gotten to the scrub room. As you turned on the water Amelia walked in and turned the other sinks faucet "How did it go?" she asked in her normal bitchy tone. "It went fine and lose the tone" you said getting angry.

though you don't know why but  you hate Amelia with all your heart. "I don't have a tone" she said fuming. "Are you sure because I hear something in your voice that sounds like attitude." You said pushing her buttons all the more. "Oh would you just shut up I don't need this right now" she said trying to stop fighting. "No becau-" you started "would you two stop fighting! God you guys are bickering like five year olds!" Derek interrupted.

"Now Amelia go on into the OR and begin surgery. Y/n, leave, go for a walk and calm down, Okay?" Derek said before we all went out separate ways just wanting to be done with the day.
________________________

Meredith's POV 2:12 PM

You were confused while on your way to conference room one. Owen had called a board meeting. Meeting's were never called except when someone died or something happened to someone on the staff.

When you got there everyone was there you closed the door and took your seat before Owen started "you are all probably wondering why your here and no nothing happened and nobody died." He clarified "I asked you here to discuss the feud between Y/n and Amelia. What's going on between them and how can we make it better?" He asked taking his seat "I don't know but earlier during the switch of the surgery they got into a fight if I hadn't stepped in it would have become a fist fight" he said recalling the moment earlier in the day. "I have never seen y/n act this way, to be honest, I didn't know that she could even hate people" She said being completely honest.

After a few hours of discussing it you all had decided to lock them in a room together they decided to do it in a few days on everyone's day off.
_______________________________
_______________

A/n: this chapter is definitely shorter than the last but is very important to the story. Let me know if you like the story so far. Also updates will be slow because I have school but I will try to update at least one time a month thanks for understanding it means a lot, love you all : )

Word count: 761