𝐓 𝐖 𝐎

Koa

I switched the TV off as I yawn and stretch out my arms, shivering at the feeling, sighing in relief. It was a Friday night and me being me was too lazy to go to a party with Amy, instead I stayed home and rot away on the couch watching movies.

Looking at the time on my phone I see it's almost midnight. I sighed and stood up from the couch and took the three bottles of beer I drank while watching TV. I went to the kitchen and throw the beer bottles away and twitched the kitchen lights off about to head upstairs when I heard a knock on the front door.

Who could that be?

Frowning I went to the door and opened it, to see two officers standing there. A woman with blonde hair into a ponytail and a man next to her that has a beer belly.

"Hi, can I help you?" They share a look between each other.

"Are you Koa Barlow?" The woman ask putting her hands on her belt, looking me up and down.

What the fuck!

"Yes that's me, why?" I asked them confused. I can't think I did anything serious. Like to commit a crime.

"Well unfortunately we have to take you in for questioning." The man said his tone deep and raspy.

"Why, I didn't do anything." The woman sigh.

"Please just come with us, we'll explain at the station." What the fuck is going on.

"Koa who's at the door?" I heard my mothers voice behind me. I sighed and opened the front door wider so she could see them.

"Police." I mumble. I watch as my mother frown walking towards the door with her pink night gown on.

"How can we help you with?" My mother ask the officers.

"Ma'am are you Koa's mother?" The blonde ask.

"Yes." My mother responded, looking at me with a me worriedly.

"Well we have to take her in for questioning." I can see the man getting annoyed.

"Why?" The woman sighed and scratched her chin.

"For the murder of Zane Ricci." After she said that I froze.

Zane dead?!

Zane Ricci murdered!!

My bully Zane Ricci is fucking murdered!!!

"What!" I squeaked out, looking at them with wide eyes, my hand slightly trembling of the news.

"What happened?" She shook her head.

"I'm afraid I can't say anything else until you come with us kid." She responded motioning for me to follow her to the SUV that's parked in front of our shack of a house.

I sighed and gave my worried mom a hug and told her I'll be back that she shouldn't worry about me.

I know for a fact we can't afford a lawyer because we're broke as fuck.

After twenty minutes of driving to the station, the took me to the interrogation room room and told me to wait.

How did this happen, I mean who killed Zane and why?

Who did he bully to such extreme to be fucking killed.

The door to the interrogation room opens and a tall man with brown hair and hazel eyes enters the room with the same blonde from the house.

"Hello Koa, I'm Detective Tom and this is Officer Sloan, now I'm going to ask you some questions." He took a seat opposite of me in the metal chair, that's extremely uncomfortable.

"Where were you tonight at nine pm?" He asked as he crossed his buffed arms over his chest, staring deeply into my eyes.

"I was at home." I responded, telling the truth.

"Tell me how do you know Zane Ricci." I sighed and scratched my brow.

"He's my bully at school." I shrugged and he hummed, looking inside some brown file in front of him.

"Now tell me Koa, do you hate Zane?" He asked, emphasising on the word hate.

"Yes I do, he makes my life a living hell at school, push me into lockers, beats me up to a pulp." I frown as I think about all the beatings I've been through.

"So you had reason to kill him?" He said, taking a long sip on his coffee, I didn't even see he had.

"No! I'm not a murderer, yes I hate him, but not enough to kill him." I said, swallowing the lump in my throat.

"Then explain to me, why did we found a piece of your hair in his car?" He asked, he's voice stern.

"You found what?!" I asked my voice shaky.

I wasn't near Zane's car!!

"How do you even know it's my hair?" I asked frowning deeply.

"Well you were arrested in the past for selling weed." I shrink back into my chair, knowing that's true.

In the past when me and my mother was struggling I had to sell some weed just to make sure some bills were paid and that there's food on the table.

"It's definitely a match Koa." He sighed and scratched his forehead.

"That will be all for tonight, don't go out of town and keep your phone on." He said sternly and stood up from the chair, picking up the file and his coffee and walked out of the interrogation room

"I'll show you out." Officer Sloan said softly and motioned for me to follow her.

How is it possible for me to be the main suspect on this case it's ridiculous.

————————————————————————————————————

~ R