Chapter Five: The Fall

Lavi

  I sat beside Flo in physics. It was really good to see her again. Like, seriously good. Everyone in the past really just faded out of my life. The only ones that was really there were my parents and Mari. Despite our reunion, things was actually different now.

  Flo was talking to me!

  "It's really been too long, Lavi." She smiled brightly.

  "Yeah. I was starting to believe I wouldn't be able to hear you play again." I smirked, leaning my head to get a better view of her.

  She was beautiful.

  A natural beauty. A brunette with flashing, arctic blue eyes and coffee-colored messy hair. I always wondered this, but what if I fell in love with Flo if I had stayed next door to her all this time? If I did, would I still have these unsure, but bursting feelings for Clarissa in my heart? I couldn't bring myself to think more about it, so I shook my thoughts away.

  "Is there something on my face?" Flo asked, tilting her head like me.

  I spoke my lingering thoughts, "You've always been beautiful, Flo."

  She wasn't expecting that.

  She cut her eyes away, embarrassed by my compliment. It was so strange, but so familiar. A twisted feeling because this is actually our first time talking face to face. Though, it felt like we've done this plenty of times. Our words only connected through music and letters, therefore our voices never knew each other. She looked back at me and took me by surprise.

  She kissed me back.

Flo

  Was it a bad move?

  He's the first guy I've ever kissed.

  I don't know why, but I was so confident and straight-forward with my approach. I wished to show just how much my feelings have matured for him.

  Lavi isn't the first one to give me a compliment--not to brag, but there are plenty of guys who wanted me and tried their best and made themselves look like complete angels, but in fact turned out to be lusty perverts and jerks. Though, there were some good guys, but they weren't exactly what I wanted.

  Since the day he moved, he had always been in my mind. I've always wondered why...why would I have such feelings for such a person?

  Is it just curiosity or something much more?

  For the rest of class, we didn't speak.

  Apparently, no one saw me kiss Lavi either. Every five minutes or so, I would sneak a look over at him while Mr. Owens gave his usual speech about...well, science and all that. Every time I looked at him, he had this bothered look on his face. He was staring at his desk, his shoulders kinda slumped and his breathing almost unnoticed.

  He's thinking about the kiss.

  About almost an hour in, I decided to survey the classroom out of boredom. I really never talked to anyone in physics. I don't feel obligated to speak to people if there was no reason to do it. Of course, I would speak if we were working together and all that, but other than that--my lips was pretty much sealed. I don't even raise my hand either, but Mr. Owens always felt the need to call on me.