Chapter Nine: Amnesia

Clarissa

  I wonder if my actions were wise that day.

  Though, there wasn't any guarantee that things would had went smoothly in the first place. That girl, Flo, really liked Lavi. I could see it in her eyes. It was so obvious that it hurt to spill my feelings about him in front of her. I really felt bad.

  I huffed and brought my eyes up from the table. I haven't seen him in two days. I wanted to avoid him because I didn't want to harm their relationship, but it hurt to just let it happen that way. My lips tingled and I could just taste his lips. Gently, I licked over my lips and wandered what I should do about this matter. Out of nowhere, the student council office's door open. Crane, Mark, Jean, and Clair flooded into the office.

  "Hey everyone." I forced a smile.

  Mark stared at me, carrying a stack of fliers, "What's up, president? You don't look too hot today."

  "I'm just thinking..." I looked back down at the table. "Everyone's day been good?"

  "Super." Clair answered sluggishly, resting her head on the table.

  Jean turned around his snap-back on his head and leaned back in his chair, "A boring day for me."

  Crane grabbed a flier out of Mark's stack and presented it to me, "Be glad that we survived our blackmailer problem, people. Also, this might bring some entertainment to the community for a while. What do you say, president?"

  I examined the flier, "A week-long carnival?"

  Jean popped up, "C-Carnival?! Goodbye to my damn funds, man." A bitter taste in his mouth afterwards.

  "Hold it, Jean. This time we won't have to contribute much." Crane brought his eyes onto me. "Can you do it, Clarissa?"

  "First, tell me your plans for this week-long carnival. Also, location and--"

  "We got all that covered, President." Mark grinned and slid a slip of paper with typed words on it.

  I scanned over it, analyzing the time, places, and events to be held through the week. The carnival was planned to be held in downtown area, at the heart of The Hub. It was basically on one road downtown that went through The Hub and ended at the riverside and at the edge of downtown nearby Dots, a all-rounder restaurant close by Black Aroma.

  Apparently, they had established phone calls with music and comedy performers that are pretty popular at Citadel. Cherry Cherry, the sassy comedian and E.V.O. would most certainly grab all the attention. No one filthy rich, but well known to bring more interest to the carnival, which meant everything wouldn't be as heavy on us.

  There were going to be plenty of stands selling a variety of stuff and even rides near the riverside. Everything was figured out, but the funding was the only thing uncertain at the moment. I darted between Crane and Mark, "How in the hell did you guys get the time to think all this up?"

  "Well, we've been decided to do this. Months ago, in fact." Mark grinned. "We wanted it to be like a surprise, ya' know!"

  "I hardly believe surprises work like this, Mark." Clair laughed. "The funding shouldn't be totally expensive. With the money we gained from car washes to selling school items...we should have the right amount. As far as tickets for customers coming to the carnival, we should keep the price to a minimum."

  "I'm not totally worried about that." I sighed. "I'm worried by the number of members we have. The student council is us. No one is just going to forget the blackmailer."