Chapter Sixteen: Kidnapped

Lonetta

  I wish I was normal.

  I would go to school, keep my head in the books, return home under a strict curfew and sleep my daily fears away. That may seemed normal, but it wasn't with my situation. Everyone avoided me, hated me, and basically discriminated against me. The enemy was everyone, including the people that I saw as "family". There's no real reason why they have such a passion, but they simply dislike who I am...and what I can't do.

  A complete mute.

  Everyone knew.

  Everyone at Citadel High knew and because of it--I'm isolated from the rest of the world. I'm on a island alone. Dealing with the conflicted rage inside and settling with the angered words from those who hated me. Out of indifference, I am hated. I'm a plain and fragile human girl with my words strapped against its' will.

  Though, I had no desire to speak. Words only caused pain or relief or even confusion. They're complicated fabrics of many races living on this world. There was no real reason why we speak, it's only a means of communication. Without that communication, we cannot grow together. Without growth, there was no unity. So, alone I decided grow.

  After all...I was alone to begin with.

  After lunch, I hurried over to my next block, P.E.. Walking down the hallway was always a challenge to me, because I never wanted to run into anybody or even deal with massive crowds. Not being able to speak hindered my interactions and I didn't want to feel humiliated and look like a total buffoon.

  The students referred to me in many ways. I was known as "Mute", "Outcast", and my favorite, "The Witch". I could almost laugh at me being a witch, it certainly was a ridiculous name. Though, they weren't wrong about any of those names.

  I entered the gym from the outside side door and silently stomped over to one of the red and blue stands. I decided to sit on the first row and waited for everyone, including our teacher with little care. Suddenly, my eyes snapped open as I realized that someone was here before me. He stared at me, his gaze unwavering and his body leaning forward.

  I raised my eyebrow to his gaze. The chocolate-dipped haired guy stood and made way over to me from the opposite stand. Bewildered, I stared at him and eventually he reached me.

  "Your name is...Lonetta, right?" He asked me.

  I nodded curtly and stared into his eyes, a misty gleam took place. He shifted his stance, relaxing his hand in his pocket, "I'm Lavi. I felt like I should introduce myself."

  A awkward silence passed us and he furrowed his brows, "Don't talk much, huh?"

  I shook my head and returned with a blank expression, trying to end the conversation. He bit his bottom lip, probably realizing I didn't want to speak with him. He was attractive, tall, and pretty friendly from most of the interactions he had with some of the students. Though, despite that, it seemed like he was always detached from the cycle of students--as if he couldn't truly find a true friend to talk to in his classes.

  A friend, huh?

  "What did you say?"

  Startled, I stared up at him. He gave me a side way look and frowned, "I couldn't hear you well. Is everything...alright? I barely see you talking to anyone."