Chapter 1: New York's Royalty

Waking up to the beautiful sun in New York was always a pleasure. Cause I'm one of the hottest athletes daughters. OBJ. My parents were college sweethearts that finally married after they got the dream jobs they wanted. I walked down our grand stair case into the kitchen. Mom finished making breakfast. "Hey Ma dukes. Hey Daddy." I say in my thick Louisiana accent. Dad is from New Orleans and I got the accent from him.

"You look nice. Where you headed?" Mom asks. "Manhattan with Nia." I say. "Alright. Be good." Dad says as he hands me keys to my new Mercedes ClS 63 AMG. Its just like Dad's except it doesn't have the orange strip it has a blue one going down the same side. "I'll see you guys in a while. Love you two." I kiss my Dad on his cheek and hug my Mom. 

Driving into the Hamptons to pick up my friend Nia was always an exciting one. A whole lot of people think we're twins but we're not. Just very close friends. 

"Beckham!" she says as she gets in the passenger seat. "You ready to roll out?" I ask her. Driving into the city we get into a garage. Then start walking down the city streets. Good thing we always carry cash with us. "So how is the parents?" she asks. "Great. Dad's getting ready for the next big thing with the team. He's ready for the season. And we start school soon." I say. She faces me. "You ready to see Jeilani?" she asks me. "Jeilani is the farthest thing from my mind." I say. That's a lie. Over the past couple of weeks I been running into him and not my fault his eyes were the perfect shade of hazel you could ever see and he's the perfect golden brown has the world's most beautiful smile. But he's the farthest thing from my mine. "C'mon, you like Jeilani ever since we were kids. And he's been crushing mad hard on you." I say.

"Where did you here this from?" I ask. "My boyfriend Calvin. They teammates remember. C'mon it would be perfect. Both of us dating an athlete." she says. "I'm royalty. I'm going to let him ask me first. Plus I don't think OBJ would approve." I say.