Chapter 2: Mr. Perfect

While we were in one of the many Starbucks in New York we spotted Calvin and Jeilani. Calvin is Nia's boyfriend and Jeilani is Calvin's boy. They took a seat with us. "Hey Miss Beckham." Jeilani says. "Hey." I say. "What are the most beautiful girls up to today?" Calvin asks. "Chilling. You boys been putting in work." Nia says as Calvin takes a bit of her coffee. Jeilani turns to me. "So, what you doing today Cassidy?" he asks me. He plays with a piece of my hair. I smile. 

"Hanging with Nia." I say. "Maybe we should hang you know." he says with a smile. "Nia. I'm leaving." I say. "Alright. Calvin can take me home." she says. Jeilani and I take a walk back to the parking garage. I followed him to a park in Queens. "So favorite color?" he says as we take a walk around a pond. "LSU purple." I say. "LSU purple. Why." he says. "Both of my parents are alumni of LSU." I say. "That's right you OBJ's daughter." he says. "Wish I wasn't just his daughter. I want to be me. Cassidy Anaya Beckham." I say. "You are." he says with a smile.

We talked for hours until I felt my phone buzzed. Daddy: Hey Cassie dinner in twenty. You know how your Mom gets when you are late. Love Daddy.

"I got to get going." I say. "We're having so much fun." he says with a pretty smile. "I know but my parents want me home." I say. "Alright. I'll call you tonight he says." he walked me back to my car.

Back at home Mom and Dad finished making dinner. "Hey Mama. Hey Daddy." I say. "Just in time." Mom says. I look exactly like my Mom. Same honey skin, same height, except I was a little thicker than she was in the booty and the chest. Same color eyes and hair. Dad loves the resemblance. I take a seat by Dad. He still rocking the blonde streak in his hair with the blue and red. He hasn't changed much. Except fatherhood has made him happier over time. "So how was your day Cassie." Mom says as she hands me a bowl full of chili. "Great. Hung out with Nia. Then we met up with her boyfriend and his friend Jeilani." I say. "Same boy you crushing on?" Mom asks. "Yes." I say. Dad looks at me then at Mom. "Who's Jeilani?" Dad asks. 

"He's a friend of Cassidy's." Mom says. "Sounds like she's liking him a lot. I know that voice Maddie." Dad says. I manage to hide a giggle. "Daddy, its nothing serious. We haven't went on an actual date yet. Don't worry." I say. "You can't go on one until I formally meet him." Me and Mom roll our eyes on cue.

After dinner that night I was doing a paper for English until I got a call from Jeilani. "Hey Cassidy." he says in that deep voice of his. "Hey." I say. "What you up to?" he asks. "Just finishing a paper. What about you?" he asks. "Just came back in from workouts." he says. I could only imagine them arms of his. He's an outside linebacker going D1. "Well, I know you tired." I say. "A little. I wanted to hear your voice before I went to bed." I couldn't help but blush. One he wanted to hear my voice and two he waited until he was  home from practice to call me. It made me feel special. 

"I'll see you tomorrow right." he says. "See you tomorrow." I say.