Chapter 8: Trippin

Me and Nia were walking down the hallway until I saw Jeilani and Ciara. "Hey Cassidy." he says as I wrap my arms around his waist. "Hey baby. Hey Ciara." I say. She looks me up and down until Nia and Calvin come up beside us. "Hey Cassie. Hey J. Tramp Ciara." she says. Me and Nia can't stand her. She has been trying to get with Calvin for almost two years when he clearly told her that he is dating Nia. Did I mention she has a thing for other people's boyfriends. "Cassidy. Nia." she says. 

"So what are you and Jeilani talking about here?" I ask her. "Well. We were just talking about a huge project. Thank you very much Beckham." she says as she walks past us. Nia tries to throw something at her until Calvin catches her arm. "I can't stand that girl." she says. "Why worry. No wonder she can't get a dude. Been the causes of almost every couple in this building." I say. "Except this one me and Cally got and the one you and J got. I know you Cassie. You got that athlete's wife in you. Your Daddy is a pro athlete and I know Mama Beckham got him on lock." I say. 

I know that's right. At home Mom was at the table doing something for her job. "Hey Mama." I say to her. "Hey Cass." she says. "Where's Daddy?" I ask. "Should be on his way home. But you know your father. Anyways how was school?" she asks. 

"Fine." I drop my bag down on the couch and go into the fridge. "And what you want for dinner?" she says.

"Whatever dad wants is fine." I say as I grab my laptop and go into the living room. After finishing up homework I go into Daddy's office. He was flipping through channels. "Hey Daddy." I say. "Baby." he says as he pulls me onto his knee. "What's up?" he asks. "I'm worrying about Jeilani." I say. "Why? Did he do something wrong?" he asks. "No. Just that the school how can I say this nicely. Well the school around girl was talking to him today and I'm worried." I say. "Don't be. He seems like he ain't stupid. Plus he don't want no problems from us anyways." Daddy says.

"I know Daddy." I say.